• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RE:Critical mass

24 posts in this topic

I have been buying comics for about 18 months now and I am starting to get some critical mass in series and want to try and put some high grade GA runs together. Does anyone have any books in the following series for sale; Action, Detective, Superman, World's Finest, Adventure, All-American, Capt. America, Four Color,Dell Giant, Star Spangled, Marvel Mystery. criteria must be 9.0 or better and top 3 on CGC census. You can PM me or post the books on the boards if you prefer popcorn.gif

Man... I wish I had the kind of cash it would take to put out that kind of offer on goldens. I need a better job.

Anyway... Timely is the person to see. He always seems to have the highest grades.

Good luck with your quest

I am a little dissapointed 60+ views and not one serious offer yet.

9.0+ copies of those particular titles are hard to come by, so owners aren't too willing to part with their copies. Have you checked out pgcmint.com? They've got some amazing Actions and Adventures up in 9.0 and better.

Yes Mark and I have done business. I pretty much know what all the major dealers have, I am looking for collectors like myself who may want to swap or sell things that they own. I would love to know who owns some of the comics I see on the census, even if they are not for sale. (Someday they might be)

I would love to know who owns some of the comics I see on the census, even if they are not for sale. (Someday they might be)

List some of the specific issues you're curious about. I bet between Timely, Ghoulaid, LouFine, Nochips, hkp, arty and some of the other knowledgeable denizens of these boards, you'll be able to get some pretty good intel.

> [...] Four Color [...]

> I would love to know who owns some of the comics I see on the census, even if they are not for sale.

Well, I do know a guy who owns a raw NM+ or better Four Color 9 (not the 9.6 in the census). Can't imagine him ever selling it, though.

> [...] Four Color [...]

> I would love to know who owns some of the comics I see on the census, even if they are not for sale.

Well, I do know a guy who owns a raw NM+ or better Four Color 9 (not the 9.6 in the census). Can't imagine him ever selling it, though.

893whatthe.gif Holy cow, I can't believe there is a 9.6 copy AND a 9.4 copy of this book! It's been a while since I've checked the census for this book, never dreaming that anything better than a 9.4 would appear. That is one of my holy grails. cloud9.gif Do you kno who has either the 9.6 or 9.4 slabbed copies?

No, but I suspect one of those copies was among an incredible set that was

listed in CBG in late 1999 or 2000 (not CGCed then). The seller had a near

complete set of early WDC&S and Four Colors in great condition and singled

out the FC 9 with a whole paragraph, saying that it was the best existing

copy, "fresh off the newsstand". He would only take offers for the complete set,

starting at $30,000 (as far as I remember).

My friend's copy is a PK file copy; it supposedly sold with a complete set of

unbelievable Four Colors back in the '70s. If anyone has more information about

these, I'd be very interested in hearing about it too.

I just completed my first transaction via this post (albeit a small one; but every book counts) keep them coming. I am starting to feel like Ian. To quote one of my favorite movies "We're on a mission from God"

I just completed my first transaction via this post (albeit a small one; but every book counts) keep them coming. I am starting to feel like Ian. To quote one of my favorite movies "We're on a mission from God"

Ahhh yes... the immortal classic that is The Blues Brothers... thumbsup2.gif

Geez, you get all the luck! I'm still trying to find someone on here to sell me some Timely's! confused-smiley-013.gif

Timely

Oh Blessed Mother of High Grade Collecting, don't fail me now!

OK nobody wants to sell me anything I will keep buying on EBAY I just picked up some GA looney tunes my computer crashed and I missed out on second lot. Would love to buy some more of that title Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? popcorn.gif

It's pretty tough to get anyone interested in selling nice GA books on this board. In most cases they would want to TEST THE MARKET, than just selling at a set price.

Maybe if you had some books for trade, it would make things more interesting?