• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Major inapak, the space age #1 VF/NM, what is this book worth???

13 posts in this topic

I picked this up this morning, Its in real nice shape most likely vf/nm.

also picked up a cisco kid nov.-dec. in poor shape 1954, army attack- october vf/nm. lone ranger jan, 1969 VF. Billy the kid- dec. 1965 vf. any help pricing these would be a big help, I don't know golden age at all, so any help would be great.

thanks! juggle.gif

This book is listed at only $5.00 in the promotional section of the OS guide. DO NOT get it confused with the Space Ace #1 regular book which OS has listed at $560 in the regular portion of the guide.

I believe there was a seller on eBay a few years ago selling copies of this book for pretty good money since collectors couldn't tell the difference between the two. Be careful of any scams.

Live and learn - If the biggest mistake I ever made in collecting was paying $25 for a $5 comic I would feel like a comic buying genius. Another 50s promo comic that is in abundance and cheap in HG is TRAPPED - an anti-marijuana giveaway - I heartily recommend it- great reading.

no joke! I am still very much in the learning process.

thumbsup2.gif

I have one of those too.. Yes, it does seem odd that a book from the 50's in such great condition is worth so little. Supply and demand, etc.

On a similar note, I'm sitting on about 100 VF+ copies of Wood&Ditko's Heroes Inc. #1... Not GA, but a related situation.

I picked them up in a large lot of Silver and Bronze, so I'm not really hurting from it (I knew that they were readily available and figured that into my price). But, I wish they weren't taking up the space...