• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best series last ten years? The poll has arrived!

Best Series in the Past Ten Years  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Best Series in the Past Ten Years

11 posts in this topic

I read some of those but none of them appealed to me as being the best series in the last 10 years. I know everybody will think I am crazy but titles such as Fables and Y the Last Man I thought were really simplistic and besides some initial interest around their basic premise delivered very little quality.

Just my 2 cents.

I read some of those but none of them appealed to me as being the best series in the last 10 years. I know everybody will think I am crazy but titles such as Fables and Y the Last Man I thought were really simplistic and besides some initial interest around their basic premise delivered very little quality.

Just my 2 cents.

So you would have nominated something not on that list?

The last modern series (besides good runs that sometimes happen on mainstream titles) that really stuck in my mind is Gaiman's death (and as that was the late 80's I don't think it qualifies).

I think a lot of the books in the last 10 years have focussed on art above all else. I don't think Bendis could light a candle to the story tellers of the past yet he is leading the writers poll. Go figure...............

The last modern series (besides good runs that sometimes happen on mainstream titles) that really stuck in my mind is Gaiman's death (and as that was the late 80's I don't think it qualifies).

I think a lot of the books in the last 10 years have focussed on art above all else. I don't think Bendis could light a candle to the story tellers of the past yet he is leading the writers poll. Go figure...............

Your erudition shames us all. Thank you for your contribution.

By the way Rob, when I was in Vienna, one of the things I did was a tour of the city focusing on locations from the Orson Welles/Joseph Cotton movie The Third Man. Was a good tour. Ordered the DVD from Amazon.