• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Current Writer? The poll of the ages is here!

Best Current Writer  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Best Current Writer

34 posts in this topic

Byrne retired?

Are you asking because he wasn't included in the poll? The answer is no, he's still active. He's not in the poll because no one nominated him. Which isn't really a surprise. What WAS a surprise is that someone nominated Chris Claremont 893whatthe.gif

Byrne retired?

Are you asking because he wasn't included in the poll? The answer is no, he's still active. He's not in the poll because no one nominated him. Which isn't really a surprise. What WAS a surprise is that someone nominated Chris Claremont 893whatthe.gif

AND THAT SOMEONE VOTED FOR HIM 893whatthe.gifconfused.gifshocked.gif

Byrne retired?

Sorry, I've been in comic cryo-stasis for a while...

Bendis is beating Moore?

Not that surprising given his over exposure.

I've got two words to amplify your point: Marvel Zombies. Two more words: Superhero Bias. I'm SURE there are people who voted for Bendis who have never read anything by Alan Moore or at least anything recent by Moore. Bendis on the other hand they've read probably twelve times a month.

Bendis is beating Moore?

I've got two words to amplify your point: Marvel Zombies. Two more words: Superhero Bias. I'm SURE there are people who voted for Bendis who have never read anything by Alan Moore or at least anything recent by Moore. Bendis on the other hand they've read probably twelve times a month.

Yup. It's the old name recognition thing. If I hear about this guy all the time, he must be good.

Bendis... what are his scripts?... 1 page, 2 sides at best? Where is a puking icon when you need one?

893whatthe.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

laugh.gif

I should point out that I love Daredevil and I read and enjoy Ultimate X-Men and Ultimate FF, so I'm not really ragging on BMB. I'm just explaining why I think he might get voted on ahead of other people who some folks (including me) might find more deserving.

Bendis is beating Moore?

But the title of the poll is "Best Current Writer"....if you ain't putting the material out...your not current!!!! How many votes is Kevin Smith getting?(oops, he's not on the poll). Comic fans are a fickle "what have you done lately" group

But the title of the poll is "Best Current Writer"....if you ain't putting the material out...your not current!!!! How many votes is Kevin Smith getting?(oops, he's not on the poll). Comic fans are a fickle "what have you done lately" group

But Moore IS putting out material.

No Joe Sacco, Dan Clowes, or Peter Bagge? Any poll that seeks opinion on the "best" of anything should always include a someone/something else option.

If someone had nominated them, I would have included them. I didn't do anything but repeat what was offered to me. Nominations were open for a week and that was that. confused-smiley-013.gif

You're right though, I should have included the "someone else" option.

No Joe Sacco, Dan Clowes, or Peter Bagge? Any poll that seeks opinion on the "best" of anything should always include a someone/something else option.

If someone had nominated them, I would have included them. I didn't do anything but repeat what was offered to me. Nominations were open for a week and that was that.

You're right though, I should have included the "someone else" option.

My fault for not checking this section of the boards that often.