• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March Menage e Trois, Pedigree, ComicConnect, and Comiclink Auction results

298 posts in this topic

After not winning anything yesterday in any of the auctions I won 8 books today. 6 on ComicLink and 2 on ComicConnect. (That extended bidding is stupid, I went on with one guy for 45 minutes inching a book up by $1 and $5 each time).

Picked up FF 37 (8.0) for my 1961-65 Marvel Project and also got FF's 59, 74, 88 and Annual 4 for my FF 51-102 in 9.2 run. Also grabbed an Invaders 1 9.2.

The book that I am happy to finally acquire, and I think I slightly overpaid for it was Hulk 3 CGC 8.0 but it completes my Hulk 1-6 set in 8.0. :banana:

The Donald Duck book is the book I spent 45 minutes going back and forth on.

Very ELITE set of Hulks you have there. Congrats!

Your sig line makes me weep.

Was pleasantly surprised to wake up this morning and find I had won a few more books on C-link, all at prices I could live with. :)

Now as for CC, I've won a lone crummy $100 book in three nights of bidding....wondering if I should even bother trying again.

Was pleasantly surprised to wake up this morning and find I had won a few more books on C-link, all at prices I could live with. :)

Now as for CC, I've won a lone crummy $100 book in three nights of bidding....wondering if I should even bother trying again.

I placed what I thought were some aggressive bids on a few Marvel Horror books I wanted. When I say aggressive I mean 30-50% over GPA. I was blown clear out of the water on some books. I have my :wishluck: on a few Hulk books tonight.

Speaking of FF's (and nice buys, Surfer!), here's my big prize from this set of auctions:

FF17.jpg

I set a new GPA record for a public sale, unfortunately, but it ended below my max bid by a fair amount, so I'm happy. Tough book in this grade and page quality.

I'll post all my winnings in the FF SA forum later -- congrats to everyone who won a nice book and solace to George for only winning a cruddy $100 book. :sorry:

Dan

I placed what I thought were some aggressive bids on a few Marvel Horror books I wanted. When I say aggressive I mean 30-50% over GPA. I was blown clear out of the water on some books. I have my :wishluck: on a few Hulk books tonight.

It wasn't me, Joe. I promise! Although I did take a pitiful stab at that Uncanny Tales #1 CGC 9.8 on Pedigree. :boo:

Speaking of FF's (and nice buys, Surfer!), here's my big prize from this set of auctions:

FF17.jpg

I set a new GPA record for a public sale, unfortunately, but it ended below my max bid by a fair amount, so I'm happy. Tough book in this grade and page quality.

Dan

Beautiful book, just stunning. I agree that #17 is scarce in high grade. You hardly ever see them offered. Congrats !

Yea, but I can see why you set it--looks 9.8 from the scan! :o Nice pickup!!! :applause:

Got the scans to work finally. My winnings from Clink tonight. Nothing major but filled some holes in my Avengers run and got 1 more #1 for my Marvel #1's project.

av50.jpg

av71.jpg

av94.jpg

av102.jpg

what can i say, i LOVE Hawkeye and the Vision and ANY cover that features both of them (shrug)

av189.jpg

cs1.jpg

Excellent scores, congrats. You know I love those White pagers !!!

I dont think i've even seen an 8.0 much less a 9.2 available since i got back in last October.

Yea the whole 11 to 19 run is tough except for 14. I've always been curious where all the extra copies of 14 came from. (shrug)

I guess everyone wanted to preserve Namor's butt in mylar?

Yeah, 11-19 are going to be rough. I have a 14, 15, and 17 now. I'm open to 8.5 to 9.2 on those issues, but my white page/eye appeal fetish is going to cause me mental damage as I pass on the rare times they come up for sale.

My only solace is that I can only afford a couple a year anyway, so I NEED to pass a lot to make this run work out...

Dan

Got the scans to work finally. My winnings from Clink tonight. Nothing major but filled some holes in my Avengers run and got 1 more #1 for my Marvel #1's project.

av50.jpg

av71.jpg

av94.jpg

av102.jpg

what can i say, i LOVE Hawkeye and the Vision and ANY cover that features both of them (shrug)

av189.jpg

cs1.jpg

Excellent scores, congrats. You know I love those White pagers !!!

Did i get all white pages books???

I didnt even notice the PQ! :grin:

That's a fascinating first hypothesis for you to offer! I wouldn't have guessed you were such a connoisseur of Atlantean men's butts. hm

It wasn't me, Joe. I promise! Although I did take a pitiful stab at that Uncanny Tales #1 CGC 9.8 on Pedigree. :boo:

The owner of the Fear #1, Uncanny Tales #1 is asking astronomical prices for those books. I made very generous offers but they were all shot down.

That's a fascinating first hypothesis for you to offer! I wouldn't have guessed you were such a connoisseur of Atlantean men's butts. hm

Who's a connoisseur? Anyone who sees that cover will be fish-assed to death! :ohnoez:

Shameless.

D