• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

twin cities Avengers 4- SILLY

39 posts in this topic

The distributor ink on this is most annoying. Such a nice copy but my eyes keep pulling me towards that red blotch at the top.

Back cover, spine.

:gossip:

Look at the colors of the CGC label. They went a little overboard with the color settings on the scan.

The colors on the book may be nice, but they're not going to be as vivid as the auction scan.

I took the liberty of bringing it a little closer to reality. I obviously don't have the book in front of me, so I can't nail the color, but just from the label, I'll bet mine is more in line with the actual book.

Their scan on left. My adjustment on the right.

No offense to Heritage, but whoever does your scans does not do you guys any favors. :gossip:

110861.jpg.b9775dbea664259e72b5c4b198277262.jpg

Wow...that's probably the nicest Avengers # 4 I've ever seen.

Agreed. Even with the overspray on the back cover spine, I'd still be all over this book. Except for that $20K+ part.

This pedigree is legit. Gorgeous books so far unlike the Savannah pedigree which in my opinion is even more unworthy of the pedigree designation than RM or Susha.

I took the liberty of bringing it a little closer to reality. I obviously don't have the book in front of me, so I can't nail the color, but just from the label, I'll bet mine is more in line with the actual book.

No offense to Heritage, but whoever does your scans does not do you guys any favors. :gossip:

Doubtful. Yours looks completely washed out. I have no doubt that the book isn't as nice as their scan but I'm betting it's closer to their scan than to yours.

Doubtful. Yours looks completely washed out. I have no doubt that the book isn't as nice as their scan but I'm betting it's closer to their scan than to yours.

Mine might need to be just a little more vivid, but I don't have the book in front of me and I only had their "auto leveled" scan to work with.

6.0, 6.5, and 4.5

So far, the early Marvel keys in high grade are the JIM83 (8.5), TOS39 (9.2), DD1 (9.4), and Avengers 4 (9.4). I believe the X-Men 1 is an 8.0, and the FF5 an 8.0.