• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What the hell is going on with Amazing Spiderman??

32 posts in this topic

It's rubbish but will appeal to anyone that likes retro ('60s) comic art.

I like Steve Rude's retro art. He captures the retro style of 60s comicart very nicely. Larsen's art has as much appeal as the brown nuggets that cling to a dirty toilet.

Haven't read ASM since they allowed Erik Larsen to shove a pencil up his butt to illustrate this title, sometime around issue 330.

It`s on issue 658, so by my math you missed an amazing 328 issues! It`s time to comeback

Hmmm, not so sure about that. If he didn't like Larsen's art, there's no way in hell he'll like Humberto Ramos art. Makes Larsen look like Neal Adams.

Haven't read ASM since they allowed Erik Larsen to shove a pencil up his butt to illustrate this title, sometime around issue 330.

It`s on issue 658, so by my math you missed an amazing 328 issues! It`s time to comeback

Hmmm, not so sure about that. If he didn't like Larsen's art, there's no way in hell he'll like Humberto Ramos art. Makes Larsen look like Neal Adams.

Correct. And Paul Azaceta's fat Spidey from the 630s makes Ramos look a similar degree better. :(

PS Who are you a shill for?

I just read the ASM annual and I have to say it had one of the best comic moments of the year. It's a crossover story in ASM, Deadpool, and Incredible Hulk annuals...first time in a long time I'm picking up annuals...Deadpool makes a comment about CGC graded New Mutants 98s 9.8. lol

Correct. And Paul Azaceta's fat Spidey from the 630s makes Ramos look a similar degree better. :(

PS Who are you a shill for?

It's stu.

There have been almost 50 Amazing Spider-man variant covers in the last 5 years as well. They are kinda like using the Franklin Mint and Danbury Mint method to sell comics now, print about 10,000 variant exclusive copies of Amazing Spider-man and charge multiple times over cover price. In fact some Amazing Spider-man issues had 3 variant covers, so this strategy seems to be working for now.

With that being said, I wonder what the toughest variant issues of Amazing Spider-man to get have been over the last 5 years?

In 9.8 condition, I'd say the following.

546 Book Market Variant

570 2nd print

596 2nd print

644 variant

638 2nd printing. Impossible in 9.8 because nobody knew about it.

There have been almost 50 Amazing Spider-man variant covers in the last 5 years as well. They are kinda like using the Franklin Mint and Danbury Mint method to sell comics now, print about 10,000 variant exclusive copies of Amazing Spider-man and charge multiple times over cover price. In fact some Amazing Spider-man issues had 3 variant covers, so this strategy seems to be working for now.

With that being said, I wonder what the toughest variant issues of Amazing Spider-man to get have been over the last 5 years?

In 9.8 condition, I'd say the following.

546 Book Market Variant

570 2nd print

596 2nd print

644 variant

638 2nd printing. Impossible in 9.8 because nobody knew about it.

Absolutely right. It was also the issue that was on the FedEx truck that wrecked and destroyed a bunch of copies. I was able to find 4 9.6 raw copies before people became aware of the problem. Nothing even close to a 9.8.

Well idk if anybody else feel's this way but I think they just "mail it in" on ASM from time to time.

He's Spidey so we buy it, but some of these story lines lately are so crappy, I'm actually starting to miss the CLONES :o