• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HOS 92 1st cgc 9.8

76 posts in this topic

Interesting. I was wondering when one was going to turn up. Going to be fun to watch...

Bronzeagebruce's list of books "we will never see in 9.8" seems to be getting shorter by the auction.

WOW!

True..

AND

My prediction is, whatever price this sells for, will cause many more copies to be pressed and subbed, and when the second copy comes up for sale they will each be worth 1/2 of this auction result.

Man I would hate to be the guy that buys the one and only of ANYTHING these days, because it doesn't stay that way for long.

So true.

meh... PQ-off-white to white.. meh

I believe OW/W is the highest PQ ever given to HoS 92. I don't think I've ever seen one with straight White pages.

I don't think one exists.

Is the dark color of the book the only thing keeping multiple copies from 9.8?

DC Horror books from that era are really really tough period (as far as bronze age goes). Lower print runs and less hoarded and fewer saved in HG.

Then you add the black cover and then you add the fact that there was really no indication that swamp thing was anything other than a throw away character in HOS 92, and you have a potent mix

i think this goes for $28k minimum, maybe $35k

Word on the street is...if it hits $30k we get to see a back cover scan.

$15k per side.

meh... PQ-off-white to white.. meh

I believe OW/W is the highest PQ ever given to HoS 92. I don't think I've ever seen one with straight White pages.

I don't think one exists.

+1 and rarely one with a perfectly wrapped dark spine.

Interesting. I was wondering when one was going to turn up. Going to be fun to watch...

Bronzeagebruce's list of books "we will never see in 9.8" seems to be getting shorter by the auction.

WOW!

I would NEVER bet against a BA book appearing in 9.8.

All early SA Marvel Keys are red hot right now, and not much else.

I think this could be a soft result on this book.

There are plenty of hot DC keys right now... Showcase 22, Brave and Bold 28,

JLA 1 to name a few. Single highest graded and a cool book, I think the 92 will do just fine.

JLA 1 to name a few. Single highest graded and a cool book, I think the 92 will do just fine.

P.s I'd happily trade my gilrfriend in to own this book, and I'd be disappointed if it doesn't break 15K, but given the way the market is driving right now, is the Swamp Thing flag flying these days???

paging Stirlingcomics....paging Mr Smith.....

What qualifies as a "soft result"? Put a dollar figure to it.

I think this book will do quite well, Swamp Thing is a lot more popular than people think.We got Superman/Batman, Green Lantern,Wonder Woman, Flash and then Swamp Thing.

Is the dark color of the book the only thing keeping multiple copies from 9.8?

DC Horror books from that era are really really tough period (as far as bronze age goes). Lower print runs and less hoarded and fewer saved in HG.

Then you add the black cover and then you add the fact that there was really no indication that swamp thing was anything other than a throw away character in HOS 92, and you have a potent mix

I really wonder about that. I see plenty of 92s, 91s, 93s, etc. and plenty of DC horror from that era. It's not that the book is hard to find, it's just impossible in that condition. Plus, it is Wrightson (and he was a collectible artist fairly early on) and the series came out not long after...I can't imagine it was a throw away book for long. Other than the black cover, I really do wonder why it is so much tougher than any other second string DC title. Then again, GL 76 was a brute for a long time. Is Batman 227 impossible in 9.8/9.6? How about that other dark Adams cover around there..?

As for this encouraging more pressing...the books has been a big money book in 9.4, 9.6 for a long time. the motivation to press has been out there forever. heck, it has been known forever that the book is impossible in uber HG...I remember reading Overstreet reports from 16, 17 years ago about how such and such copy above NM sold for multiples of guide and so on.

Hmmmm, this book is reminding me of the lone copy of Marvel Spotlight #5 CGC 9.8

CGC census data can be comparable between the two though HOS 92 seems to be a hotter book the past while so a higher sale price is very possible.