• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HOS 92 1st cgc 9.8

76 posts in this topic

NO BLEEPING WAY!!!

ComicLink Comments:

The offered example of this ultra tough early Bronze Age key has been graded at a mind blowing CGC 9.8 NM/MT and now reigns as the single highest graded example in the world. The jet black cover makes it one of the very toughest Silver/Bronze Age DC keys to acquire in the upper Near Mint level (fewer than 10 have even made it to 9.6). One of the most popular DC keys of the 1970's because it introduces the Swamp Thing, House of Secrets #92 has long been a thorn in the side of advanced Swamp Thing collectors. With its dark to black background cover this issue shows off any minor imperfection with glaring detail.

Out of 722 submissions to CGC, this one has been the only one to reach the pristine 9.8 level and, for the data minded collector, that places this freak of nature in the Top 0.13% ever certified! Even if one were to completely ignore the hard, factual evidence, holding this stunner in hand would make even the most scrutinizing collector a true believer. The fresh appearance of the cover inks, razor-sharp edges and silky smooth spine make this gorgeous grey tone grail appear newsstand fresh like never before possible and is quite literally as close to perfection that any collector can hope to find.

Interesting. I was wondering when one was going to turn up. Going to be fun to watch...

Bronzeagebruce's list of books "we will never see in 9.8" seems to be getting shorter by the auction.

WOW!

meh... PQ-off-white to white.. meh

:boo:

lol:o(worship)

Absolutely incredible! This is a grail book to be sure-but what are the chances others are out there? I would hate to set the GPA and another one shows up.

But to have this book! :headbang:

:banana: Chris

Is the dark color of the book the only thing keeping multiple copies from 9.8? Did the book have a small print run or a print wide defect?

I don't really follow the market for this book so I'm just curious. Great to see one come up in 9.8 though, it's going to make some collector with deep pockets a very happy camper.

Interesting. I was wondering when one was going to turn up. Going to be fun to watch...

Bronzeagebruce's list of books "we will never see in 9.8" seems to be getting shorter by the auction.

WOW!

True..

AND

My prediction is, whatever price this sells for, will cause many more copies to be pressed and subbed, and when the second copy comes up for sale they will each be worth 1/2 of this auction result.

Man I would hate to be the guy that buys the one and only of ANYTHING these days, because it doesn't stay that way for long.

Is the dark color of the book the only thing keeping multiple copies from 9.8? Did the book have a small print run or a print wide defect?

I don't really follow the market for this book so I'm just curious. Great to see one come up in 9.8 though, it's going to make some collector with deep pockets a very happy camper.

it's gong to make the guy that bought it for 15 cts even happier

it's gong to make the guy that bought it for 15 cts even happier

No kidding, quite a ROI.

WOW! This is an amazing find,was it pressed to get a 9.8? Man this has got to go for just south of 25K. I really am stunned to see this I'll just have to be happy with my 9.2 and 9.4 copies doh!

WOW!

True..

AND

My prediction is, whatever price this sells for, will cause many more copies to be pressed and subbed, and when the second copy comes up for sale they will each be worth 1/2 of this auction result.

People have been looking for the top copies of all the tough books, regardless of what they fetch.

I found the first CGC 9.8 copies of Witching Hour #1 and Weird War Tales #1 and I've secretly wanted to find the first HOS #92 CGC 9.8 for some time now. Guess I'm SOL.

:cry:

My guess is that it'll go somewhere between $10,000 and $12,000.

Good time to sell with Swamp Thing being resurrected in the DC Universe.