• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PARADISE COMICS TORONTO COMICON 2004 JUNE 18-20

175 posts in this topic

Hey Supa the Toronto Show looks great why not come up. I see it as any excuse to get Beyonder to part with his millions.

God knows with all his posting he must be independently weathy. He wouldn't have time if he had a job like the rest of us. hi.gif

Hey Supa the Toronto Show looks great why not come up. I see it as any excuse to get Beyonder to part with his millions.

God knows with all his posting he must be independently weathy. He wouldn't have time if he had a job like the rest of us. hi.gif

I think he spends his money on buying new graemlins. devil.gif

I think he spends his money on buying new graemlins. devil.gif

You know if that is the case he must be really rich 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Drinks are on the Beyonder thumbsup2.gif

Some very exciting developments happened over the weekend:

--------------------------

First off, our "CANADA'S GOLDEN AGE" panel spotlighting the creators of Canada's golden age comics, spinning out of May's issue of ALTER EGO (#36) has increased in size:

Joining ED FURNESS (Freelance Comics) and GERRY LAZARE (Wow Comics) is artist FRED KELLY (Super Duper Comics). Fred is the creator of Mr. Monster, who was later adopted by Michael T. Gilbert for his fan-favorite Mr. Monster comics (and he's currently the host of Gilbert's ALTER EGO column).

The panel will be moderated by film-maker ROBERT PINCOMBE and rounding out the panel will be Comicon guest comics historian ROY THOMAS and a new addition to our guest list --- MICHAEL T. GILBERT!

This looks to be an historic event as this will be the first time that the creator of Mr. Monster and the artist that made him famous will get to meet face to face!

The Golden Age panel is scheduled for Saturday June 19th at 5PM.

---------------

Top Cow is busy preparing a couple of EXCLUSIVE comics for the show - available only at the Top Cow booth!

Look for exclusive foil-stamped TORONTO COMICON editions of WITCHBLADE #75 (the conclusion of the deathpool storyline) and THE DARKNESS #10.

These special comics are being prepared to celebrate artists DALE KEOWN (The Darkness) and FRANCIS MANAPUL (Witchblade) - both of whom will be at the show!

Kev

I'll see what I can do. Most pieces don't get donated until the show starts.

BUT

Andy Lee did donate a beautiful Batman watercolor on a scroll.

David Mack donated a stunning Daredevil painted page from issue #19.

Michael Turner donated five of his limited edition signed prints.

Joe Linsner donated a signed and numbered Dark Ecstasy print.

And there is the Cerebus 1 CGC 9.4 which will go up on eBay June 12.

Kev

Wow! I'm looking forward to seeing that!

Thanks Ares,

Kevin

I think it was Page 19 from Issues one where the lady of the lake takes aquaman underground. The issue in the comic looks better than the original art with all the computer swirl effects added!

Hey Ares,

What's the plan for Saturday night after the con? I'd still like to pound a few back after the charity auction....15_4_118.gif

Dont know anymore!

I got a new schedule at work that requires me to work Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday 9-5:30

So Unless I get new job or the day off I dont knwo if I will be able to come by saturday yet

Hey Ares,

What's the plan for Saturday night after the con? I'd still like to pound a few back after the charity auction....15_4_118.gif

Dont know anymore!

I got a new schedule at work that requires me to work Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday 9-5:30

So Unless I get new job or the day off I dont knwo if I will be able to come by saturday yet

You're not even going to the con?

Hey Ares,

Dont know anymore!

You're not even going to the con?

Just Friday evening

Guys, I am getting in around 8ish to TO - who wants to get some drinks / dinner at the Hotel? (Cambridge Suites)

DAM

I might be available. It depends on the time of my softball game that night (assuming it is Thursday you are coming in)

Alex