• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thor Movie as good as Iron Man

602 posts in this topic

It is the fourth film released in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and is scheduled to be released on April 21, 2011 in Australia and on May 6, 2011 in the United States

:gossip::makepoint:

I expect it to be good....as good as IM is going to be tough.

i liked IM except for the final battle scene, which i thought was lame. (shrug)

Yeah I agree the battle between IM and "the dude" at the end seemed a little non-epic.

but still the movie was solid as a brick crapper.

(thumbs u

The one bad review says this...

It wants to impress with dazzling special effects rather than through an emotive, captivating story.

Someone needs to tell him that Thor is a comic book character. lol

I am popping by the theater today to pre order my tickets for the 6th :) Going with my sister & her boyfriend :) My sister had no interest in seeing ironman stuff but showed her thor trailer & she said sure lol She has also liked the xmen & spiderman movies

How was the 3d for the movie ?

The one bad review says this...

It wants to impress with dazzling special effects rather than through an emotive, captivating story.

Someone needs to tell him that Thor is a comic book character. lol

There is always going to be the boneheaded Armond White's out there

so unless the movie is a bomb I tend to ignore the bad reviews.

Is there a reason the movie is opening in Australia a few weeks before it opens in the US?

Is Thor an Aussie hero?

It's opening next week here as well...for the last few years most major films have premiered earlier over here than over there (shrug)

Is there a reason the movie is opening in Australia a few weeks before it opens in the US?

Is Thor an Aussie hero?

It's opening next week here as well...for the last few years most major films have premiered earlier over here than over there (shrug)

Not just movies. The last several avenger cartoons got released in australia and have yet to be released here in the states. Something about those aussies.

Is Thor an Aussie hero?

That's OK, you guys are still wearing Z.Cavariccis and rocking out to Def Leopard and David Hasselhoff...we can wait a week every once in a while. ;)

After the movie I remembered that the Infinity Gauntlet had been shown last year at Comic Con but I haven't spotted it in the movie. Maybe it was in the treasure room scene, have to look closer when I see the movie again. Or maybe it pops up in Captain America (shrug)

How was the 3d for the movie ?

It was a very reserved 3D, nothing flying straight into the camera or something like that. Just adding a little more depth to the picture.

hmm worth paying the extra $ for ? hm

I envy our Aussie and Kiwi brethren for getting to see the film early on the big screen. As for the Infinity Gauntlet, I thought I read about that appearing in the Capt. America film?