• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thor Movie as good as Iron Man

602 posts in this topic

:) Bropper or Cronze. It is all good. I started collecting in 1982 so I am right on the cusp.

Don't be discouraged by the inevitable shill accusations. It's a rite of passage.

I am a shill.

If you ever do have a shill account, I hope the forum name is David_Hyde_Pierce.

:) Bropper or Cronze. It is all good. I started collecting in 1982 so I am right on the cusp.

Don't be discouraged by the inevitable shill accusations. It's a rite of passage.

I am a shill.

If you ever do have a shill account, I hope the forum name is David_Hyde_Pierce.

^^

I am a shill.

He's not that thin.

I am a shill.

No, you are shrill.

I just saw the Austrian Press screening of Thor and I have to say, that the movie is fantastic. Like with Iron Man before I expected not much and was surprised how good it was. I can't say anything negative about it. I think Kenneth Branagh did a wonderful job, the whole concept of Asgard is well done and looks great. The Rainbow bridge is absolutely stunning.

There are no silly dialogs in the movie, all the actors did a fine job. I think Chris Hemsworth is a good Thor, his transformation from the arrogant character to the more grounded and caring character was well done. Anthony Hopkins plays a wonderful Odin and it's Hopkins' best performance in a long time. He really enjoys it. Tom Hiddleston plays the perfect Loki, sinister and sleazy as he should be.

Nice Special Effects, great Action scenes and some funny scenes which are actually really funny. Yes, and the Frost Giants were great too.

After this movie I have high hopes for the Avengers.

Here are some spoilers

- Nice cameo of Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye including bow

- After the end credits you see Samuel L. Jackson showing the Cosmic Cube to a scientist. Loki is still alive and watching the Cube. I think we will see Loki and the Cube playing a big role in the Avengers.

- Thor offering his help to Shield protecting Earth from every threat

Wonderful, I thought the trailer looked kinda weak but very happy to hear it is

well done.

I am a shill.

No, you are shrill.

:cry:

I am a shill.

He's not that thin.

I think TuPenny is what you get when David Hyde Pierce taps his walking stick on the ground and calls on the power of his Scandanavian ancestors.

I have been reading the old JIM Thors. Didn't know Thor could do things like tie a bus loaded with children to his hammer and have it safely land on ground with his hammer returning to him. Also, didn't realize his alter-egao Donald Blake was so smart. Not just a doctor, but a surgeon and he invented an android with Artificial Intelligence. Funny how characters evolve over time.

I am a shill.

He's not that thin.

I think TuPenny is what you get when David Hyde Pierce taps his walking stick on the ground and calls on the power of his Scandanavian ancestors.

That's lame.

I am a shill.

He's not that thin.

That's lame.

...says the King of Ginger Jokes.

I am a shill.

^^

Harold Hecuba :gossip:

I am a shill.

^^

Harold Hecuba :gossip:

HH!

Is there a reason the movie is opening in Australia a few weeks before it opens in the US?

Is Thor an Aussie hero?

They should have opened it somewhere in Scandinavia then.

Branagh directs decent film shock!!!! :o :o

Just came back from a press screening in Leicester Square. Have to say that unbelievably, this is on a par with the first Iron Man film, which is high praise indeed from a curmudgeonly old git like me.

Half-decent -script (with the odd clever or self-referential moment), non-irritating supporting cast, sound acting and performances, and the right amount of respect for the source material (not too slavish) made for a highly entertaining flick.

It was a bit lightweight as you'd expect, but the excellent (3D) special effects and storyboarding meant the film looked fantastic, whilst the actors, especially Hopkins and Hiddlestone, were well cast and played it straight.

And barely any soft-metal in the soundtrack. Worth seeing in the cinema rather than on DVD.

Branagh directs decent film shock!!!! :o :o

Just came back from a press screening in Leicester Square. Have to say that unbelievably, this is on a par with the first Iron Man film, which is high praise indeed from a curmudgeonly old git like me.

Half-decent -script (with the odd clever or self-referential moment), non-irritating supporting cast, sound acting and performances, and the right amount of respect for the source material (not too slavish) made for a highly entertaining flick.

It was a bit lightweight as you'd expect, but the excellent (3D) special effects and storyboarding meant the film looked fantastic, whilst the actors, especially Hopkins and Hiddlestone, were well cast and played it straight.

And barely any soft-metal in the soundtrack. Worth seeing in the cinema rather than on DVD.

You get invited to all the best gigs.