• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Philly

202 posts in this topic

Okay, so here's an update on the last, if I've forgotten you, please post that I have...

Here's the list so far:

SteveB

Paul Litch

Foolkiller

DAM60

Shadroch

Rob_react

TomG

Flying Donut

Ariamus

Red Skull

Chrisco

Rocketeer

Solar

Mitol

Lantern

Peter Dixon

Kevin Boyd

Ben from Zapp! comics

Hari Naidu

Bronzebruce

Ted VanLiew (w/ Mossow)

ArnoldT

Bob Storms

That's 24 people! I am going to tenatively set a reservation for 28 allowing for four more possible people (unless this list gets adjusted again later in the week).

I'm looking forward to seeing everybody, should be a blast!!!

Wasn't sure for a while but it looks like I will indeed be at the Philly con this year again, so count me in.

Arnold

Great! I will have a detailed list of all the changes that need to be made to the Overstreet. I encourage all other forumites to do the same. tongue.gifwink.gif

Does anyone remember the name of the hotel connected to the convention center?....I stayed there last year and I want to make reservations again for this year....

Yes, Rocketeer, it's the Marriot.

No it's not too late to be included, although no spouses. That was the rule from last year, and we are approaching 30 people now with some new add ons. let me know via PM if you are still interested.

Okay, so here's an update on the last, if I've forgotten you, please post that I have...

Here's the list so far:

SteveB

Paul Litch

Foolkiller

DAM60

Shadroch

Rob_react

TomG

Flying Donut

Ariamus

Red Skull

Chrisco

Rocketeer

Solar

Mitol

Lantern

Peter Dixon

Kevin Boyd

Ben from Zapp! comics/Corry Brown

Hari Naidu

Bronzebruce

Ted VanLiew (w/ Mossow)

ArnoldT

Bob Storms

Gary Platt/Ollie

Please post any new updates or requests or PM them to me!

Here's the list so far:

SteveB

Paul Litch

Foolkiller

DAM60

Shadroch

Rob_react

TomG

Flying Donut

Ariamus

Red Skull

Chrisco

Rocketeer

Solar

Mitol

Lantern

Peter Dixon

Kevin Boyd

Ben from Zapp! comics/Corry Brown

Hari Naidu

Bronzebruce

Ted VanLiew (w/ Mossow)

ArnoldT

Bob Storms

Gary Platt/Ollie

Captain Tripps (Doug Schmell)

This is shaping up to be quite a nice list. I'm going to speak to Maggiano's tomorrow... which hopefully will work out fine. Adjustments can be made until 12:30 or so tomorrow... and of course, there will still be some room for flexibility as I will be shooting a reservation number slightly above current head count. This should be exciting!

This is lookin' like a party and I'm only about 4 hours from DC, which is what, 3-4 hours from Philly? Maybe next year! hi.gif

Maybe 3 hours from DC max. I made the drive last weekend, and it's not bad at all. Just hop on 95 and go!

Steve B is going to look like he's been through a war by next weekend, when we get done with him at our dinner in SF. 27_laughing.gif Wish more of you east coast guys could make it this weekend in SF, and wish I had business in Philly next week so that I could join you all. Your dinner sounds like it's going to be an epic event!

This is lookin' like a party and I'm only about 4 hours from DC, which is what, 3-4 hours from Philly? Maybe next year! hi.gif

Maybe 3 hours from DC max. I made the drive last weekend, and it's not bad at all. Just hop on 95 and go!

When you leaving town!?!? 27_laughing.gif

Got the sweet, sweet DC today...look for a scan of it "freed" in a Bronze Age Forum near you soon! thumbsup2.gif

When you leaving town!?!? 27_laughing.gif

Got the sweet, sweet DC today...look for a scan of it "freed" in a Bronze Age Forum near you soon! thumbsup2.gif

Cool! I thought it would arrive today. Glad you liked it! Undergraded, no? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Here's the update on Maggiano's:

We have 28 people right now... which they require (unlike last year apparently, or perhaps we had fewer people last year) us to use their banquet room:

I have to pre plan and make all the food selections myself, so I'll probably need some input here.

However, and here's the real kicker... for a party this size to get a reservation we need to guarantee a total of $1650 for food and drink. Since it's $32.95 for food all inclusive (apps to desert) I doubt it will be a problem... except we have to make up like $550 in alcohol which means... $50 a head total (including alcohol)... don't know what CGC is planning on convering, have to call Steve on Tuesday I guess to figure this all out.... but give me an idea everyone if after knowing the cost, everyone is still up for it.

Here's the update on Maggiano's:

We have 28 people right now... which they require (unlike last year apparently, or perhaps we had fewer people last year) us to use their banquet room:

I have to pre plan and make all the food selections myself, so I'll probably need some input here.

However, and here's the real kicker... for a party this size to get a reservation we need to guarantee a total of $1650 for food and drink. Since it's $32.95 for food all inclusive (apps to desert) I doubt it will be a problem... except we have to make up like $550 in alcohol which means... $50 a head total (including alcohol)... don't know what CGC is planning on convering, have to call Steve on Tuesday I guess to figure this all out.... but give me an idea everyone if after knowing the cost, everyone is still up for it.

Chriscoholic will be there, and he drinks more than $500 in alcohol before breakfast everyday!

tongue.gif

"First you stick a rag, put it in the bag, (bump bump)

then you bend your back, put it in the sack, (bump bump)

that's the way it's done, it's a lot of fun (bump bump)"

bearcell3.jpg

This bump was brought to you by the Disney short "In The Bag" featuring Humphrey Bear.