• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Philly

202 posts in this topic

It had to happen eventually...after all, the Devils have stomped out the Flyers a couple of times en route to the Stanley Cup. I had a feeling this would be the year, too. Devils have missed their "heart" for the better part of the season. That's why I rooted hard for the Devils to get someone other than the Flyers in the first round. Excepting the Ranger$, there is no team I hate losing to more. But as it turned out, it was the Flyers. And it didn't take long to realize it would be a rough series. Flyers scored two goals in that first game by getting to the front of the net. If Scott Stevens is patrolling that area, teams just don't go there. His presence was sorely missed. Not to mention the fact that, for the first time in his career, the workhorse, Marty Brodeur looked tired. Oh well...there's always next year.

...unfortunately for the Filthy Flyers, I don't think they'll win it all this year. I don't buy that Esche is any great shakes. So, enjoy your historic victory over the Devils because greater glory will be decidedly lacking. tonofbricks.gif

...unfortunately for the Filthy Flyers, I don't think they'll win it all this year. I don't buy that Esche is any great shakes. So, enjoy your historic victory over the Devils because greater glory will be decidedly lacking. tonofbricks.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

My avatar disagrees.

bumping this thread...

right now the list has not changed from when I posted... I plan on speaking to Maggiano's to give them a rough estimate of how many people we're going to have... but you can't expect too much flexibility considering it's a Saturday night in the late spring. Lately, they've been more crowded, and so I hope if you plan on attending Philly's dinner you will let me know. Otherwise, I'll go with what i've got.

FD,

It's an incredibly bad sign they haven't arrived yet... you just want a refund instead? I'd rather not play the waiting game for them to arrive now... it's been way too long and there's no tracking. If they arrive you can always just repay. I trust you.

bumping this thread...

right now the list has not changed from when I posted... I plan on speaking to Maggiano's to give them a rough estimate of how many people we're going to have... but you can't expect too much flexibility considering it's a Saturday night in the late spring. Lately, they've been more crowded, and so I hope if you plan on attending Philly's dinner you will let me know. Otherwise, I'll go with what i've got.

I will be attending and my wife would like to know if spouses can attend. She does read comics and is involved in the hobby.

bumping this thread...

I will be attending and my wife would like to know if spouses can attend. She does read comics and is involved in the hobby.

Mrs. Lantern should be allowed to come as:

1) she knows all about comics

2) is a cutie! grin.gif

lantern:

personally, I hope that everyone who wants to come can come and does. however, last year I remember steve saying that he did not want to open it up to spouses primarily because then everyone would be bringing wives, girlfriends etc., and the dinner sort of loses something. Run it by him. I'd rather not tell anyone they can't go... it's certainly not up to me, and I would love everyone to come who can.

lantern:

personally, I hope that everyone who wants to come can come and does. however, last year I remember steve saying that he did not want to open it up to spouses primarily because then everyone would be bringing wives, girlfriends etc., and the dinner sort of loses something. Run it by him. I'd rather not tell anyone they can't go... it's certainly not up to me, and I would love everyone to come who can.

I seem to remember that was the deal last year, and I expected it to be the same this year. I does make perfectly good sense to me, but it never hurts to ask. I think I will just let it go and attend by myself. This way she can hit Philly and spend some of the money that I had planned for the con.

Thanks.

Yeah, that is just what I need in my house...more shoes and clothes. Of course, she is saying..."Yeah, that is just what I need in my house...more comics!"

Actually, now that you have given her a direction to go she will be content to shop. If there is one thing that will make her happy it is spending money on clothes.

Thanks again!

To anyone attending:

Is there anyone else out there that will have a spouse or significant other who is coming to the con?

lantern

closer to the time, I'll PM you my cell phone number. If you and your wife (and anyone else reading this) want suggestions on food, places to shop, places to go, and what to do other than Wiz. world, let me know and I'd be more than happy to help you out.

Okay, so here's an update on the last, if I've forgotten you, please post that I have...

Here's the list so far:

SteveB

Paul Litch

Foolkiller

DAM60

Shadroch

Rob_react

TomG

Flying Donut

Ariamus

Red Skull

Chrisco

Rocketeer

Solar

Mitol

Lantern

Peter Dixon

Kevin Boyd (I'm including him on the assumption he's coming)

Ben from Zapp! comics

Hari Nadu

Bronzebruce

Ted VanLiew (w/ Mossow)

ArnoldT

Possibles for dinner?

Hopefully... we'll see:

Blazingbob

I am going to make the reservation this Friday. It will be a little difficult to be highly flexible after that, although one or two additions will be possible.

Sorry Bruce...looks like I'm going to miss you for the 3rd year running. Have a wedding of a good friend to go to that weekend. sorry.gif You gotta make it to one of the NY cons one of these days...