• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Philly

202 posts in this topic

Guys:

So you all know, if you put yourself in for the forum dinner, I really hope you're all showing. We have our own room at Maggiano's for 6:30 PM and it's booked. We have a $1650 food and drink minimum to meet (which shouldn't be a problem for 30 or so people) which will work out to $50 a head. It'll be plenty of food AND a whole lot of fun, but I just wanted to remind people of where we stood and that I hope people will be on board.

PM me with any questions.

Are we all eating the same dishs?Can you post the menu and let us pick our choices? Maybe everyone can prepay a deposit by paypal. I just figured with all the spare time an ADA has,this would help fill your days with something worthwhile.

thumbsup2.gif

nobody needs to pre pay. I can post the menu choices and people can vote on them, but it really won't be that expeditious. I have to go back to maggiano's tomorrow or this week and make all the selections... last year it was family style and it will be how it is this year...

basically it's choosing two appetizers, two salads, two pastas, two entrees and two desserts... they just serve (more than) enough to feed everyone... the food just keeps coming but only of those selections.

If I had done this last week, i would have had the time to properly look at it... right now i'm in the middle of jury, will start one each of the next two weeks following.

It's not a huge deal, will take little time to address... just want to make sure most everyone shows.

Guys:

So you all know, if you put yourself in for the forum dinner, I really hope you're all showing. We have our own room at Maggiano's for 6:30 PM and it's booked. We have a $1650 food and drink minimum to meet (which shouldn't be a problem for 30 or so people) which will work out to $50 a head. It'll be plenty of food AND a whole lot of fun, but I just wanted to remind people of where we stood and that I hope people will be on board.

PM me with any questions.

Brian:

Just a suggestion, since I posted approximately five or so posts like this prior to the WonderCon dinner to get people to confirm whether or not they were coming, and yet still had people not show up without a word -- send a PM addressed to everyone on your list with this information and specifically ask them to confirm whether they are in or out. You may still have people flake on you, but you reduce your chances considerably of having it be more than one or two people.

Dinner sounds like it's going to be a blast. Have fun and make sure we get a full report! thumbsup2.gif

ive never heard of,let alone eaten in Magginos. Is this a buffet type setup where they will have a server with trays of food and we go up to get served? Not that it matters,just curious as to how it works? Will we have access to a full range of bar itwems or are they limited also?

football... thanks for the suggestion... I'm definitely going to do that.

shadroch, shouldn't be a worry about the food. maggiano's is a chain from chicago. the food is certainly good. It's served family style where the dishes are brought out for the entire table with MORE than enough to feed everyone. It's also done in courses (i.e. an apps course, salad course, etc., etc.)

i'll get around to updating menu selections and the like, but unfortunately, today I'm on jury trial (and for the next two weeks) so my posting activity will be thin... if you guys have questions or concerns please PM me.

I'm in! Donut and Rui are right about last year! A really good time.

Don't worry about the food, Shad. It's very good Italian. It's very similar to "That's Amore", if you've ever been to one of those.

Okay... here's the deal: We are going to need to prepay... since we have a private room, we need to make sure Steve and CGC don't get screwed since the $600 deposit is on their card...

Steve's paypal is: sborock@cgccomics.com

Right now, cost is $50 a head. That will end up covering food and alcohol (for the most part... if an awesome amount of alcohol gets consumed, people may have to chip in more) for now, this is the cost. Please do so ASAP.

Questions, please PM me or ask for my cell, and we can talk directly. I will PM each of you individually in the course of the next week also to let you know.

Once you paypal Steve the money, send me a PM so I can keep track of who has paid and who hasn't.

Thanks!

Okay... here's the deal: We are going to need to prepay... since we have a private room, we need to make sure Steve and CGC don't get screwed since the $600 deposit is on their card...

Right now, cost is $50 a head. That will end up covering food and alcohol (for the most part... if an awesome amount of alcohol gets consumed, people may have to chip in more) for now, this is the cost. Please do so ASAP.

Questions, please PM me or ask for my cell, and we can talk directly. I will PM each of you individually in the course of the next week also to let you know.

Once you paypal Steve the money, send me a PM so I can keep track of who has paid and who hasn't.

Thanks!

Just make it $40 each because CGC will be picking up a bit of the tab. smile.gif

Dan, I know I owe you $10 because you P-pal'd so quick! tongue.gif

Thanks!

Just make it $40 each because CGC will be picking up a bit of the tab. smile.gif

Dan, I know I owe you $10 because you P-pal'd so quick! tongue.gif

Only 4 people have Paypal'd me confused-smiley-013.gif Please send the money soon, thanks thumbsup2.gif