• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your opinion

189 posts in this topic

LQQK I said that Matt told me that alot NOT all were cleaned that's all!!

Why arey you guys so violent?? Email Matt!!!!!!!!

whoa, whoa, whoa... simmer down, man. look who's using all the caps and exclamation points and typos... you need to sit down, take your shoes off, get your boyfriend to give you a massage and just cool out for a while. you're way too hostile. you're killing my buzz, man. crazy.gif

Well, your initially post said that Matt said that Mark took the Rockford collection and cleaned them. Mmmm, did you say some of them? You mentioned the whole collection? Why the hell do you care because these books are the "way to go"! The book was bought CGC so either your "uncle" or your sorry knew about it. So....why don't you just stop whining about it? You pissed that people didn't think that the value was more than was paid at the Heritage auction a few months ago? Too bad, so sad. Cry me a river. You are such a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point and your posts reflect it. mad.gif

Oh thank you!!.. I just asked Matt about the value of the book. I told him that some people thought it was worth some amount and wanted his feedback.

That is when he said that Mark played around with the books.

I got this e-mail just a few days ago so I don't know where you guys come off bashing me Hey why not post some threads of yours on informative info except loitering around talking about bull4532! smirk.gif

Ooo, poor Joe Boy ablue can't handle all the heat. frown.gif Maybe, you shouldn't play with the big boys! tongue.gif Hey, you started this thread and have been trashed in basically all of your previous ones because of your confrontational stance and your usual lack of tact. Hey, it's easy to blame Gerry Ross because most people know he is slime. But, come one, the incident happened 17 years ago and you are talking about it now? Did it take you so long to get it in your thick head that you got screwed like the that you truly are? I initially gave you the benefit of the doubt when you started threads but this is getting old. Now, let this thread die a fast death unless you are willing to provide us some concrete facts. You quoted Matt but where's the copy of the EMAIL? You expect us to EMAIL him and ask him about Mark? Sorry, but we're not going to do you legwork for you! tongue.gif

I can tell you that through my personal experience, I had a slabbed Rockford Batman # 62 which was graded by CGC as unrestored. I recall seeing a few Rockfords up for auction at Heritage which were given the purple label for being "Cleaned and Pressed". However, to say that all, most, or the majority of the Rockfords were C & P (restored) is wrong in my opinion unless you can come up with some proof besides the one comic you own. Furthermore, the Rockfords came with certifcates of authenticity which state that the comic "is guaranteed to be in its original unrestored condition".

Oh, does it really matter ablue? Now go back to your Toronto half-way house before your parole officer gets worried. tongue.gif

P.S. Despite my true or alledged age, at least I know how to capitalize the first letter in each sentence. wink.gif

Please do Mr. Toronto know it all. BTW, why don't you have the balls to keep your post unedited? You called me a jerk and edited it out. I'm a big boy, I can handle your weak insults. So...please have something informative for me to read in the morning. I do have to work at my poor Canadian government job! tongue.gif

Please provide me with more PM nonsense. I love it when people just lose it. laugh.gif

Holy!! I just provided a thread to the information recieved and all hell breaks loose!

I feel sorry for the people that are new to this.

People this is what you get to try to post new info to these children!

Goodnight ablue! I have to get up at 5:30 AM for my government job. You remember that? The job that you accused me of not having via PM. Like a government auditor is such a "highly respected" job that I just had to take it as my employment. smirk.gif

He did not disclose the prosess, as cleaning was not concidered restoration at the time.

OK - something here no one has brought up yet but I will.

1) in the 90's, cleaning and pressing WAS considered restoration

2) In the 90's, any restorer worthy of being termed professionall would have supplied a sheet stating that the book was cleaned and pressed. For example, I had a DD 1 and an ASM 14 cleaned and pressed by Susan Ciccone in the mid 80's (that is ALL that was done) and received sheets stating this. When I sold the books the sheets were sold with them.