• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your opinion

189 posts in this topic

Hi.

I just got an e-mail back from Matt Nelson.

I asked him about my Batman#3 Rockford and he said that in the early 90's

Mark took his Rockford collection and cleanded some of them!!.There may be books out there in private collections and people with no knowledge of it being done. He did not disclose the prosess, as cleaning was not concidered restoration at the time.Why would he ruin a pedegree ???

What do you think?? tongue.gif

My oppinon... tongue.gif

Hard to blame the guy if it was done during a period where it wasn't considered restoration. Times change and what's done is done. Purple label received smirk.gif

Also another thing, why would he disclose this information to you? confused.gif Doesn't make sense.

You talked to Matt Nelson or Mark Wilson? If it was Mark Wilson, why would he tell a joe like you that he cleaned every single book and didn't disclose it? Unless CGC was wrong on all the other Rockfords that received a blue label, you are just spreading unsubstantiated rumours again! mad.gif If it was Matt Nelso, why the hell would he tell you about books that he worked on in the past?

Nope ablue is a broken record you see.

"Cleaned and pressed""Cleaned and pressed""Cleaned and pressed""Cleaned and pressed""Cleaned and pressed""Cleaned and pressed""Cleaned and pressed""Cleaned and pressed""Cleaned and pressed""Cleaned and pressed""Cleaned and pressed""Cleaned and pressed""Cleaned and pressed""Cleaned and pressed""Cleaned and pressed""Cleaned and pressed"

Exactly..that's why I made the point that I'd take a restoration experts word over ablues.

But you really have to give it to Ablue for his tireless work to become the forums resident crackpot. I mean, someone had to step up and fill the enormous shoes left empty by those... ... that have gone from us. shocked.gif

Well pi## me off!!. How dare you guys come off to bash me when all I did was try to post an informative thread?? I recieved an e-mail from Matt telling me that Mark tinkered with his discovery and cleaned his books and did not disclose it to the people he sold them to. Matt told me that many hundreds or thousands do not know of this still yet. It just shows me how stupid you guys are to bash me and not take the time to e-mail Matt and get the answers from him!! I had him do some resto work for me in the past AND I am listed on his site for references!!! If you don't belive me ask him fo your self!! At least I am mad.gif trying to wake up this forum as you guys are nothing but duds in supplying news to the comic industry!!!!!

Ha ha ha ha, you post unsubstantiated "facts" and expect us to blindly believe it? You gonna post the EMAIL or get Matt to come on to substantiate you? So...he cleaned every single book in the collection? Yeah, I guess someone other than Mark would know all this information. The reason why people don't believe you is that your posts are so retarded and focus on the same issue. In the other thread, you state that CGC may be wrong about this book is cleaned and pressed. Now, you are saying that every single book in the collection is cleaned and pressed. Give me a friggin break. Why don't you just keep your uncle's gift and stop trying to sell it. Do you always sell gifts from your relative so quickly? Damn, I can't stand your stupidity. mad.gif

IMO, after seeing your posts..here is what I think might've really happened. You came on here and complained about your book being restored when you think it wasn't. Matt Nelson sees this as he runs through the threads occasionally. He emails you to tell you he did the work on the book and it's restored. You get pissed off and make the overstatement that a LOT of the books from this pedigree are cleaned. Which may or may not be true, but with your track record I'd assume it's more likely a fabrication then not.

Brian