• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your opinion

189 posts in this topic

I don't believe you.

In fact, I'll say what everybody else is dancing around.

YOU ARE LYING.

Prove that you have received this email from Matt Nelson about Mark Wilson (who, I have to state in the interest of full disclosure, bought an Amazing 28 that I thought was perfect that had been "restored" by Danny Dupcak -meth- in the early 90s, and told me it was restored then).

You are just rattling cages and causing agita to everybody here. Post the email and I will apologize. If not, just go away.

Please.

Just go away.

Uh oh Pimpy! Watch out or ablue going to bombard you with PMs like he did last night because he doesn't have the balls to say certain stuff in the open forum. But, I know that you can handle this type of junk so I'm not worried! wink.gif

I'm not trying to stir anything, but I was told by a reputable dealer that Mark Wilson closed World's Finest, because he couldn't back up the promise of full refunds for any restored books he may have sold to buyers as he had promised in his final catalogs. Also that this was the real reason why he took time out of the comic business and eventually slabbed the whole of his inventory at PGC Mint. Therefore, there may be some truth to ablue's words. frown.gif

Ablue, you make me laugh so much that it's not even funny. You can't even stand up for what you do! Mmm, who started the PMs? Sorry, but I don't PM people to bash him when I was doing just a fine job out in the open. Chump, your credibility is getting lower every time you shoot that out of your mouth! Find your "copy" of the EMAIL yet? I guess not! tongue.gif

As far as this debate goes I am clueless which is why I am on the sidelines here but I find it unfathomable that an Anonymous could have any credability whatsoever in this discussion. mad.gif

Sign in and be counted if you expect anybody to take you seriously....Sheesh...

I thought Arch was abolishing anonymous posting anyway???

As far as this debate goes I am clueless which is why I am on the sidelines here but I find it unfathomable that an Anonymous could have any credability whatsoever in this discussion.

Hey, let'[!@#%^&^] not turn this into a witchhunt. Anonymous has been posting here since the beginning of the forum, and sure sometimes he'[!@#%^&^] a jerk, he'[!@#%^&^] still OUR jerk. I mean, only Anonymous has the courage to stand up for Ablue and his crackpot...er ABSOLUTELY TRUE stories about his imaginary conversations with comic book ruiners...er... destroyers... er... restorers. Anonymous is a good man who works very hard at the Acme Production Company to support his family (he even has 2.4 children-- the .4 child was in a tragic accident involving a riding lawn mower a few years back). I just fail to see how we can attack Anonymous' credibility when he has done nothing but give us his most honest and sincere opinions since the genesis of this board. So, Anonymous, please accept our apologies for our behaviour. We know not what we do.

(And yes, Ablue, you colossal person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point, everyone knows it was you.) blush.gif

I've dealt with Mark Wilson. Mark is an honorable man. He's a minister first, and a ComicDealer second. In the 80s and 90s, Mark dealt comics & had a restoration service. In my estimation, his work was superior to Sue Ciccone's in that Mark was more consistant & a minimalist (just trying to coax the comic up a grade or so instead of the sometime "herculean" efforts Sue would over-apply in trying to take a comic from VG to VF/NM) when it came to application of alterative effects. His brother Matt started working with him on the restoration end of the business when Mark started to have serious eye problems which he attributed to the chemicals that he was using to clean comics and remove tape. Mark's restoration service became Matt's business. Mark had some personal issues to sort out, took time off, and then returned to dealing comics. My info is not second hand.

Mark's tongue would break off if he tried to tell a lie. He's friendly, receptive, and a genuinely trustworthy individual. I would suggest simply emailing the man and asking him for the straight scoop on the comics in question here. I have never heard him dodge a question, say anything negative about anyone, & I feel that anyone who asks will get the truthful answer.

Having recently returned to collecting I put my trust into Mark for what was for me a big time trade... he was fair, patient and informative. My only experience with him is one of the main reasons I'm still hanging around this hobby. Dan.

I don't about that though. The anon. poster had far too perfect sentence structure as opposed to poor ablue! frown.gif On a side note, how long do you have to have that avatar? mad.gif

I've only dealt with Mark Wilson once - bought a $1.2K book two years ago, right before he closed World's Finest. I was happy with the purchase and would not hesitate dealing with him again. Earlier this year, I lost a sniping war with him on a $2,100 comic (March of Comics) that he had CGC graded and later resold on eBay to a friend of mine for $1,400 (actually, I was sniping - his proxy was placed several days earlier). I was wondering why he didn't put a reserve on the book (it sold far below guide) and thought he might try back out of the deal. However, he was 100% pro about and took his $700 loss without blinking an eye. So, based on this limited experience, I have high respect for MW.

I think ablue's posting this rumor was ok given that he heard it from a reliable source and that I understand he may have had problems with a restored Rockford Batman #3 earlier (?). If there is substantial doubt about the state of restoration of an important pedigree run, I would sure like to know about it! On the other hand, we have to balance that against the damage that an unsubstantiated rumor can do to an honest dealer's career and business. That's why I felt obligated to mention my own experiences above.

I don't about that though. The anon. poster had far too perfect sentence structure as opposed to poor ablue!

You're right... he must have been dictating to a translator. Can you do that? Dictate to a translator? Especially if it's an insufficiently_thoughtful_person-To-English translator?

On a side note, how long do you have to have that avatar?

Why? Are you JEALOUS of my beautiful, beautiful avatar??? blush.gifgrin.gif

Yo, I was talking to Chris regarding the avatar. Now, do I have to send in Bug to explain the basics of posting like he had to do with the poor Nancy, Braddick? frown.gif

Yo, I was talking to Chris regarding the avatar. Now, do I have to send in Bug to explain the basics of posting like he had to do with the poor Nancy, Braddick?

Sonuva. Greggy, your clever post-posting editing has fooled me again! YOU WON'T FOOL ME A THIRD TIME! Wait, I need to throw some typos and bizarre, confused syntax in here to make it look truly authentic... didn't I say I was going to bed? confused.gif