• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your opinion

189 posts in this topic

On a side note, how long do you have to have that avatar?

Banner and I had the bet for a week. I was supposed to post on Sunday, but wasn't around. I posted Monday, and told him I'd leave it up for a week + a coupla days. I'll take it off for my X-mas present. I'm truly sorry, I know what an eyesore it is. tongue.gif

Chris

Wouldn't mind making a wager with the Oregon boys on my DEACONS putting a can of WHUPASS on the Beavers in the Seattle Bowl. Of course, I'll have to take the points, since the Deacs BLOW, but still...

Hmmm....I don't recall my sig line being part of the wager!?!?! wink.gif However, being the just fellow that I am, I shall remove it upon completion of the sentence. Looks like we need some ACC Avatar bets in the next couple months (sorry Dan!). shocked.gif

I proudly "wear" my avatar like a Badge of Honor!!!

Or like one of those really ugly fish ties. Or a pair of Hammer pants. Or some of those wrestling shoes with no soles... oops, I'd better be careful. I just described Bug's "Sunday Best" outfit. blush.gif

Just to go back on topic JUST for a moment - has anybody noticed that ablue has gone away after everybody challenged him to reveal the original email?

Shocked! Shocked I am!

I alerted Matt Nelson to this thread yesterday; Matt may have contacted ablue and told him to cool it.

I've heard the same rumor from several national dealers that ablue heard; his name has spontaneously come up in the conversations I had with dealers about comic-keys, although nobody's suggesting there's a direct link between those two guys. However, I'm sure Matt didn't want ablue appointing him the source of all information about Mark Wilson's past. I'd be furious if I was Matt.

Whatever Mark's past is, it appears to me he's 100% honest now.

You know you guys can say what you want about me I really don't care.

I only wanted to talk about a topic that I was informed of not to start trouble.

I like Mark and have dealt with him before so I don't know where you guys get off

going insane over this thread.

I am not here to implicate anyone nor harrass just wanted to see if anyone has had this information aswell..

I am not going to post any e-mail as I don't think other people want involvement in this.

Just remember I did nothing wrong and I never remarked to others as you people have.

Hey bozo, if you aren't going to post this alledged EMAIL because you didn't want to implicate anyone, you shouldn't have mentioned Matt's name in your initialy post. But, we know the real reason why you aren't going to post it. You don't really have a copy! tongue.gif

So after reading this whole thread what is the conclusion? I dont have any Rockfords and after reading this will likely stay away but seeing as some Mile Highs got a blue label with color touch and glue maybe the Rockfords will get a blue with the clean and press? More importantly from the work I have seen firsthand of Mark Wilson's he was very good so I doubt even CGC could say 100% what books were or were not pressed and cleaned. If there is no odor and the book wasnt disassembled its a judgement call not a guarantee. And I though CGC was supposed to make these problems a thing of the past. I'm curious how many other Pedigree books sitting in collections are unknowingly restored? Chet

Wouldn't mind making a wager with the Oregon boys on my DEACONS putting a can of WHUPASS on the Beavers in the Seattle Bowl. Of course, I'll have to take the points, since the Deacs BLOW, but still...

I will happily take that bet with ANYONE who know so little about college football that they can't get the MASCOTS right!!!!

The Beavers are playing in the Insight.Com bowl against Pitt...

The DUCKS are the team that will be celebrating after their victory over Wake Forest...

Whaddya say Dan? Loser gets a new football helmet avatar for a week? And I will happily give the points...

The one game I refuse to wager on this year is my own alma mater in the Division III Championship Game tomorrow... Mount Union could probably beat most of Division I-AA... Miami's current winning streak? Big deal... Mount Union has won 41 games in a row, and their record is 137-4 in the last ten years... That's no typo... 137-4... And to top it off, our quarterback who threw for 4,000 yards and 43 touchdowns got himself arrested for public intoxication and is suspended for the game... Gonna be ugly for Tiger fans on Saturday...

Mt. Union is soooooooooooooooo good its scary. Not only are they 137-4, but they've won 54 games in a row. Might not be fun for Trinity tomorrow...

Beavers, Ducks, whatever. Happily make that wager. Deacs plus 7.5 (stardust as of ten minutes ago).

Two things...

ablue, could you PLEASE go back and edit the subject of this thread... Staring at "oppinion" all day is making my head hurt... One 'p' only please...

Second, I guess I am to blame for this thread... as I told ablue in another thread that if I owned the Rockford copy and was stuck with a 'clean and press' label that I didn't believe, I would send it to Matt Nelson to be cleaned and pressed, then resubmit... They can't very well find more restoration than before and the added eye appeal might get him a 7.5 or 8.0 (since he said there was still surface dirt that would come off with cleaning). If you're gonna be convicted anyway you may as well commit the crime...

Apparently when ablue contacted Matt to see about having it cleaned, we got this thread as a result...

I would not be surprised at all if some work was done to major pedigree books that was not disclosed to the next owner... The lure of money is too great to believe that never happens... But when a new pedigree comes out, the fervor to buy the books is so strong that I can't see someone telling the world to just wait a few months while I clean the books... They would have been in too much demand to want to wait for that last dollar... So while it would not surprise me to hear that a few were improved, I strongly doubt it was a substantial portion.

deacons PLUS 7.5!! grin.gif

looked at the Mt. Union thing - they are 95-1 over the past 96 games. Won 54 in a row, then lost the Rowan game, then the past 41...

I was at the Stagg Bowl last year rooting for Bridgewater, and it was a GREAT game. Highly recommended to everybody tomorrow over the bad NFL games. The D3 championship game is always fun.

I'm just chapped because our football team was terrible when I was there... we were still a Div 1 tennis power until my senior year when they dropped the scholarships... A year or two later the school took the money they were spending on tennis on spent it on the football team. No scholarships of course, but great facilities...

That Rowan team in 99 had like eight guys who had played Division I football the previous year but lost their scholarships in some scandal... And Mount Union still gave them a great game... One loss in seven years... Just amazing...

With the game starting at 9 Pacific tomorrow morning, I should be able to see the first 5 or 6 Mount Union touchdowns before I open the store... tongue.gif