• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mark Jewelers inserts...
19 19

1,027 posts in this topic

On 7/28/2022 at 8:10 AM, mysterymachine said:

Wow its funny you posted that. I was just going through my collection yesterday and discovered I still had the insert. I thought I tore them all out! xD

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

Your copy is way better !  Great copy ! (worship)

Anyway,  why do you tear out the inserts?

On 7/27/2022 at 5:29 PM, ganni said:

Your copy is way better !  Great copy ! (worship)

Anyway,  why do you tear out the inserts?

There were a couple of reasons. They were kind of annoying. Yeah, they were just ads that books sold outside of military bases didn't have. They were the same rings every month. No variety! 

Then one day I noticed the ink from the ads soaked into the centerfold and I was worried that the longer they were there the more ink on the pages. In other words, I was an insufficiently_thoughtful_person! lol 

On 7/30/2022 at 9:56 PM, ganni said:

Remember Dc comics picture frame books with extra comic?

lsh298ac.thumb.jpg.89afd1f8bc62fe6b685db7b5a65cd975.jpg

lsh298ec.thumb.jpg.fdbf187e030653a540906e2f9167eb95.jpg

wow... that comic book must be a whopper in size.   If you count the front and back covers, and the jeweler insert, what's the total page count on that bad boy?

On 8/16/2022 at 5:32 PM, trademarkcomics said:

one step closer if the #174 I just bought and is out for delivery has the insert. There was a shadow in the pic that looked like the telltale insert lower staple location, I'll let you all know how that goes. Then after I find #339...

So this one had it? Gtk  hope it was cheap enough!

On 8/16/2022 at 5:32 PM, trademarkcomics said:

Got the final two today! I am now 100% on Amazing Spider-Man NDS and MJ inserts!

I got all the jewels now, I'm OG...

And congrats on the rest, I mentioned at the time, but I'm still waiting for mine to come back from October a year ago, Defenders 4