• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mark Jewelers inserts...
19 19

1,027 posts in this topic

I found today that my Iron Man #128 has a MJ insert, I don't see any on Ebay and was curious what everyone thought it might be worth. Book is probably around a 6.0?

One of the more "inserts" knowledgeable boardies explained it to me like this -

for key issues - might get a 25% bump in price. The insert books can be rare (especially the early ones) , but it is an internal variant so not a huge bump for uniqueness.

For non keys - would get closer to guide and probably sell quicker. So a benefit - but not a large scale windfall.

You can post it on EBAY for XXX amount above OSPG and see what type of offers you get.

That's a good way to find out.

I found today that my Iron Man #128 has a MJ insert, I don't see any on Ebay and was curious what everyone thought it might be worth. Book is probably around a 6.0?

One of the more "inserts" knowledgeable boardies explained it to me like this -

for key issues - might get a 25% bump in price. The insert books can be rare (especially the early ones) , but it is an internal variant so not a huge bump for uniqueness.

For non keys - would get closer to guide and probably sell quicker. So a benefit - but not a large scale windfall.

That sounds about right. (thumbs u

-J.

Cool, I will probably put it up a little higher priced with a best offer option, I really wish it was in better condition....Thank you everyone for your help!

I have a 9.2, IM 55 with the insert and the star stamp. :cloud9:

-J.

J and I have discussed the IM 55s earlier - but I never posted my copy -

Scan-150102-0003.jpg

Was the top book in a collection I purchased with around 200+ insert books.

Cool, I will probably put it up a little higher priced with a best offer option, I really wish it was in better condition....Thank you everyone for your help!

I have a 9.2, IM 55 with the insert and the star stamp. :cloud9:

-J.

J and I have discussed the IM 55s earlier - but I never posted my copy -

Scan-150102-0003.jpg

Was the top book in a collection I purchased with around 200+ insert books.

Nice book. Looks nicer than the assigned grade as well. :headbang:

-J.

Sure here it is:

IM55_zps88bb2d86.jpg

The star stamp was conspicuously placed right over the number "55" in the top left corner.

Most of the books with the inserts do not have a stamp. The stamp establishes an overseas provenance, and as such, there are fewer surviving copies, and even fewer in 8.0+ condition. Further, the NDS insert, being the earlier, more salacious precursor to the MJ inserts, and only having been issued for a couple of years are seen much, much less in comparison.

This, and W16227's copy are the only two IM 55's that I have ever seen with the insert at all (star stamp or not).

-J.

:cloud9: I love seeing these MJ threads bumped.

I've only a Marvel Spotlight #5(good one to have) Still hope to find a The Cat #1 in the wilderness (Or mysteriously sitting at my door!)

Anyone ever come up with a Double Cover MJ?That would be ultra tres cool!

I've only a Marvel Spotlight #5(good one to have) Still hope to find a The Cat #1 in the wilderness (Or mysteriously sitting at my door!)

(thumbs u

Finding any key with one is is always sweet. Like finding an extra little hidden compartment at the bottom of a treasure chest.

I don't think I've ever seen the combo with a double cover. That would be nice and would go for big bucks especially if the grade was decent.

-J.

Anyone ever snag a double cover with insert?Just thought of that because my first Wendigo is a double cover.Love to see an ASM 121 with insert, my fave BA Spidey...

:) I got this one.

100b.jpg

and this one also has the Mark Jewelers Insert.

315.jpg

Ahhhhhhhh...super Steve!I was fairly sure I'd seen one before,but not in this thread...or was it!

Good skills my man. (worship)

....thanks!

I mean...I remember...wanted the 121! lol

Edited by porcupine48

Anyone ever snag a double cover with insert?Just thought of that because my first Wendigo is a double cover.Love to see an ASM 121 with insert, my fave BA Spidey...

:) I got this one.

100b.jpg

and this one also has the Mark Jewelers Insert.

315.jpg

Holy cannoli that 100 is gorgeous. Did u get the full trifecta on it with the star stamp too?

-J.

P1030557.jpg

I didn't even realize its was a MJ when I subbed it. :blush:

Wow that's interesting. So I guess there was some overlap with NDS and MJ inserts then? (shrug)

Cool book by the way! Do you have the star stamp on that one ? (It could be on the back too)

-J.

(thumbs u

Finding any key with one is is always sweet. Like finding an extra little hidden compartment at the bottom of a treasure chest.

I don't think I've ever seen the combo with a double cover. That would be nice and would go for big bucks especially if the grade was decent.

-J.

In my time collecting error books like double covers and also having a large amount of MJ books , around two long boxes of them, I have noticed a slight increase in the number of double covers on MJ insert books. I think the added thickness has something to do with it.

Considering that MJ inserts were only put in roughly 5-10% of any print run on any particular book, the odds of finding a MJ + DC *should* be drastically lower then finding a regular copy of the same book with a DC.

I personally have found MJI+ DC to be very hard to find still, but not as hard as they should be.

Is it easy for the unscrupulous to simply remove a MJ insert and put it into a more sought after title?

That probably wouldn't be that difficult to do although they would have to ensure the new book was one of those originally released with a Mark Jewelers insert.