• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

That's my old copy, is very nice. Perfectly centered which ain't easy to find on that book.

So true on the centering. Did you upgrade?

No. Gave up trying to find a nicely centered 9.6.

Nicely centered meaning no white on the spine at all? I've had 2 copies in 9.6 and seen a few others and this one is the closest I could come to "nicely centered".

bats245.jpg

That one looks pretty nice to me, wouldn't kick it out of bed. Couple of others I saw had too much white for my liking but that one would fit the bill.

That's my old copy, is very nice. Perfectly centered which ain't easy to find on that book.

So true on the centering. Did you upgrade?

No. Gave up trying to find a nicely centered 9.6.

Nicely centered meaning no white on the spine at all? I've had 2 copies in 9.6 and seen a few others and this one is the closest I could come to "nicely centered".

bats245.jpg

That's a sharp copy. :applause:

bats245.jpg

I actually like the way a narrow white line looks there. Very happy with it on my copies. (thumbs u

Agreed, I can live with that amount of miswrap on a Bronze book if it's straight. It's angular miswrap I can't stand.

nothin wrong with a nice reader copy, besides you have the real deal. I'd trade all my BA books for a copy of Tec 31.

(thumbs u

I'd trade every book I own for the right Tec 31.

That Tec 31 4.5 is the right copy... I'd love a 4.5 copy of that book...I'll be happy with one of the 4 4.0 copies that are out there somewhere...

You mean like this? :grin:

det31f.jpg

What about a 5.0?

DSC00435.jpg

nothin wrong with a nice reader copy, besides you have the real deal. I'd trade all my BA books for a copy of Tec 31.

(thumbs u

That Tec 31 4.5 is the right copy... I'd love a 4.5 copy of that book...I'll be happy with one of the 4 4.0 copies that are out there somewhere...

det31f.jpg

What about a 5.0?

DSC00435.jpg

Very nice Alex! :applause::applause::applause:

Okay, how about all three consecutive numbers. ;)

detective31.jpg

(thumbs u

det31f.jpg

What about a 5.0?

DSC00435.jpg

detective31.jpg

Very very neat to see all three and all with OW/W !! :o

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

:grin:

In all honesty though, I'm in dire need of a Bat 227 upgrade. My 8.5 ain't doing it anymore. :P

Rocky Mountain 9.4 coming up in CL's auction in 2 days. Bid early and often.

hm

Gotta look into that, thanks for the info. (thumbs u

A 9.0 would hit the spot for me on a #227, sitting in a Mylites2 it would look just the business. My 8.0 will do as a placeholder for now.

(thumbs u

det31f.jpg

What about a 5.0?

DSC00435.jpg

detective31.jpg

Stop messing up a perfectly good Adams thread with GA drek! :baiting:

Yup Batman 222 is very hard to find in decent grade at the moment

Grabbed this copy a couple of months ago.

Batman222.jpg

So nice! :applause: This has always been one of my favorite bronze Bats. Wish I'd picked up a HG copy a long time ago...ah well.

A 9.0 would hit the spot for me on a #227, sitting in a Mylites2 it would look just the business. My 8.0 will do as a placeholder for now.
I'd be very pleased with an 8.0. :cloud9: May have to settle for a cheap 7.0. :cry:

(thumbs u

det31f.jpg

What about a 5.0?

DSC00435.jpg

detective31.jpg

Stop messing up a perfectly good Adams thread with GA drek! :baiting:

Okay, back to Neal Adams goodness. :headbang:

001-4.jpg

Yup Batman 222 is very hard to find in decent grade at the moment

Grabbed this copy a couple of months ago.

Batman222.jpg

So nice! :applause: This has always been one of my favorite bronze Bats. Wish I'd picked up a HG copy a long time ago...ah well.

It was definitely a welcome addition to the collection Jon, thankfully it's HG enough for me to be a keeper.

I'd be very pleased with an 8.0. :cloud9: May have to settle for a cheap 7.0. :cry:

I'll put your name on the backing board if you want Dave for when I upgrade. :whistle:

Nice new avatar by the way. (thumbs u

I'll put your name on the backing board if you want Dave for when I upgrade. :whistle:

Nice new avatar by the way. (thumbs u

Thanks. We'll see if I have any money when you upgrade. ;)