• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Signature Auction Results, Astonishments, Shocks, Disappointments, etc.

417 posts in this topic

Hell I can't even get on the HA site.

Neither can I. Keeps crashing my IE :censored:

I got in by spamming F5 a few times using Firefox.

Wow. I didn't know about the Tec 395 appearing to be overgraded (newbie here). Looks like I lucked out then.

Yeah, there's some folks with real crazy money out there. I'm more familiar with collecting sports cards than comics. This Wayne Gretzky (graded PSA 10) recently sold for a whopping $94,162.80. And it certainly doesn't look like a 10 to me.

14244a_med.jpeg

I guess high rolling comic investors are the same.

I really wonder why the same Flash Mile High books (and others) seem to show up at every single auction.

And there are a lot of them. Were these Keller's? Tim or Gator would know...

Edit: Halperin's....

I really wonder why the same Flash Mile High books (and others) seem to show up at every single auction.

Because "Heritage" owns them. ;)

I would agree with you, and I think they keep "buying" them back.

Are people logging off after the Twin Cities are done?

FF #112 $$776.00

Like half of GPA

This Wayne Gretzky (graded PSA 10) recently sold for a whopping $94,162.80. And it certainly doesn't look like a 10 to me.

14244a_med.jpeg

even worse its o-pee-chee - who are these rich nut cases ?

Maybe they all ran out of money.

Plus we have CL's featured auction starting next week. :ohnoez:

At least one bubble burst today hopefully with barrel of oil dropping almost $9.00 today.

Almost $10K for the Church GA Ghost Rider #1. Could have bought the 9.4 copy for half as much and press the darn thing, yikes.

That price is loony. GR 1 was part of a big warehouse find. Very common, even in high grade.

it certainly doesn't look like a 10 to me.

14244a_med.jpeg

It does to me. It says so right there at the top. Gem Mint 10. :gossip:

Was at the auction live this afternoon - fun times! Sparsely attended but quite enjoyable. The ASM 129s took a bath as did the GL 76 9.6.

Some of the books are really nice in person...some...not so much.

The Action 7 did sell - it was a computer glitch.

Almost $10K for the Church GA Ghost Rider #1. Could have bought the 9.4 copy for half as much and press the darn thing, yikes.

That price is loony. GR 1 was part of a big warehouse find. Very common, even in high grade.

Yup, great book but no shortage of copies that is for sure.

This Wayne Gretzky (graded PSA 10) recently sold for a whopping $94,162.80. And it certainly doesn't look like a 10 to me.

14244a_med.jpeg

even worse its o-pee-chee - who are these rich nut cases ?

Do o pee chee go for less? I know that as a Cdn collector (as many hockey fans are.... ) if I were into collecting hockey cards I would pay more and not less for an o pee chee. I would pretty much spit on the Topps versions

Was at the auction live this afternoon - fun times! Sparsely attended but quite enjoyable. The ASM 129s took a bath as did the GL 76 9.6.

Saw that! At that price I'm even thinking about it. Good thing my internet was out for the first 1.5 hrs of the auction