• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Henschel Pedigree

12 posts in this topic

Finding the husband's boxes of comics under the bed isn't interesting? wink.gif

I guess it would have been more interesting if there'd been a dead whore in the mattress (a la "Four Rooms"). 893whatthe.gif

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Finding the husband's boxes of comics under the bed isn't interesting? wink.gif

I guess it would have been more interesting if there'd been a dead whore in the mattress (a la "Four Rooms"). 893whatthe.gif

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

When dealing with the quality of books in this collection, the only conceivable way it could get a pedigree status would be if the story did involve a dead hooker. Scratch that -- it would take several dead hookers to gather any interest in these books!

Alan

It's not a pedigree as far as I am concerned. Too small of a collection, too low grade overall and not enough key books. I got a kick out the acticle when it stated that the Superman 1 had a large "rip" in it. Christ, that book looks like Jaws got ahold of it!

Some of those prices were just plain idiotic. I kinda figured it was Geppi when I saw them. He is well known for paying silly prices for books just to bury them in his vaults forever.

The next auction for the rest of the books should be an epic event of the BSD's swinging their di%#'s at each other.

Where did you see a picture of the Superman #1 - I don't think it's been posted anywhere.

From what we've seen so far I would agree it's not really a pedigree, but we have yet to see what the other 200+ books are or the shape they are in.

Since we know they include a Flash #1 as well as More Fun #54 and 55, I wouldn't be surprised to see a More Fun 52 or 53 or a Whiz #1 since the other early numbers are there and quite possibly some nice Timelys - it's doubtful that out of nearly 400 books the guy only bought a Captain America #5.

When we see the rest and get a final evaluation of grade, then we'll know for sure.