• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OS Grading Guide

48 posts in this topic

cool.gif I ordered from Amazon.com at a 30% discount + FREE shipping wink.gif : and NOT only did I order The Standard Catalog of Comic Books, but I also ordered The Essential X-Men vol. 2, The Essential ASM vol. 3, The Essential the ASM vol. 4, X Men: Mutant Genesis (reprints X-Men 2nd series 1-7), and the NEW OverStreet Grading Guide. Everything except for the OverStreet Grading Guide shipped out today. smile.gif

Does Amazon.com offer FREE shipping to Canada? grin.gif

Not to be rude, but I'm not going to answer the "When is the Grading Guide coming out" question anymore - it's too tiring smile.gif. One last time - it's been out since last month in the Gemstone edition in comic shops and through Previews, and it should be out in regular bookstores in the Random House edition any day now. So it's out. It's out!

Whew.

So anyway, Man_of_Steel asked what I thought were the most significant changes in the new edition. Top of the list for me is that it's in full color. Amazing what a difference it makes in seeing all the detail on those comic covers throughout the book. Another big one is that we added all the split grades that weren't covered (or even in existence in some cases) in the last edition, so it's far more comprehensive up and down the 10 point grading scale.

My favorite things though are the bits and pieces I so wanted to put in the book and got a chance to do, like offering a chart and notes on an allowable range of defects per grade, and another chart on what all our often vague terminology might mean in real numbers. But there's lots more too.

And I recommend reading through the whole glossary in the back for a few minor but hopefully amusing surprises.

Arnold

"and it should be out in regular bookstores in the Random House edition any day now"

I tried to help you before Arnold, I'll do so again. wink.gif

Call your local Barnes + Noble. In Bookmaster it says the OGG has a "strict on sale" date of Tuesday, January 14th. Their website does not contain this information. I don't know if the stores will get it that exact day, but they should. You can also pre-order it so you will be sure to get a copy.

Are they all paperback like this one.....or is hardback available as well

Only softback except for the Dynamic Forces "Baby Got Back" variant with gold foil logo and signed by Overstreet and Signed and sketched by Blumberg (always reminds me of the guy Jennifer Aniston "did" in Office Space) limited to 2003 copies!!! grin.gifgrin.giftongue.gif

always reminds me of the guy Jennifer Aniston "did" in Office Space
Are you talking about the protagonist's boss, "Bill Luhmberg"? SHE DIDN'T DO HIM, HOW MANY TIMES DOES SHE HAVE TO SAY IT!!!! mad.gifmad.giftongue.gif