• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,897 posts in this topic

hey! speaking of this thread, i am working on a selection of the best covers of the era for my website (Still on track for June, at least DC will be complete by then) and would love some input on what everyone thinks. Are there any obscure ones you love? Which Wrightsons really are better than others. What about Adams......Let me know what you think. I am shooting for 25 "classics" and don't be DC Centric if possible!
You should know my favourite! cloud9.gif

well i don't have the treasury, but i do know about it! I have abeat copy of the digest with the Kubert pool cover. The HOM digest actually has an otherwise unpublished cain & Gregory inside back cover! I do have the SOHH special too....
You want a Ghosts treasury? I have many! insane.gif

I'll hook you up when we make a larger deal in the future? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif You think storing one treasury is hard. How about a few hundred of them? insane.gif You need the HOM one? confused-smiley-013.gif

hmmm a few hundred treasuries...nope! i'll limit myself to ghosts & HOM & i guess the batman one that repros the 1st app. of scarecrow from worlds finest #3. Yes i need the HOM & we can do as you suggested. Thanks!

here is a classic Charlton speaking of non DC...

417404-haunted17.jpg

hey! speaking of this thread, i am working on a selection of the best covers of the era for my website (Still on track for June, at least DC will be complete by then) and would love some input on what everyone thinks. Are there any obscure ones you love? Which Wrightsons really are better than others. What about Adams......Let me know what you think. I am shooting for 25 "classics" and don't be DC Centric if possible!

I'd have a hard time not being DC centric. I think the best covers from that period were done for DC by Adams, Wrightson or Kaluta, and I could probably pick 10 Adams', 10 Wrightson's, and 5 Kaluta's before I would start picking any others.

very nice cover....for me Charlton has mixed quality issues. When I was growing up I called Charlton the "cheap comic" because of the decidely more inferior quality in terms of the stories, art, and paper quality. Make no mistake though, there are some good issues. Ditko didn't do it for me while I grew up (I wasn't even born yet when Ditko had completed his Spidey run); he kinda grew on me as I expanded on my collecting universe. Some of his art in the Charlton series was pretty good.

I definitely love some of the painting covers...here's another one that kinda reminds me of the Killer Teddy Bears issue in Weird Mystery Tales:

B9104023.JPG

i love that cover, i actually tracked down a NM- copy, which is near impossible for mid 70's charltons. I always hated them as a kid as well. I used to experiment on them, trying to prematurealy age them, fade them, etc. grin.gif I really like the 1973-1976 time period now though, there is so much great art in them by Sutton, Newton, & others. The ditkos are still hit or miss for me, but some of them are REALLY sweet.

OK, even if everyones views are DC Centric, i still would like to know what you think the best covers are!

Here's a trivia question (and actually I forgot the answer but I have to look it up): What was the name of the host of the Ghosts series later in the run? He wore a hat and his glasses were a touch of class.

OK, losers--no one answered.

The Shade

Next question: What was the name of the mystery host who always talked to his imaginative friend and what was the friend's name?

Abel (House of Secrets' host) spoke to Goldie, his gargoyle. (Though I think Neil Gaiman or one of his followers later showed us Goldie was in fact "real")

Just bought a couple of nice Unexpected this weekend. These were my first for this title, but I really liked the covers, so I just couldn't let them go. I don't think that these are that "rare", but thought I'd share anyway...

462567-Unexpected136.jpg

462567-Unexpected136.jpg.898a25034260b627fb1fbef661d6a0d2.jpg