• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,908 posts in this topic

Good job. You have a higher grade than 9.4?

grider67 893applaud-thumb.gif

Nope...not for that book. One hasn't been graded yet but I'm sure that there are a few out there! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

100 Pagers

How about this? Too high or good start?

grider67

The price is reasonable. 9.4s have sold in around the $200 range. I can get one for $200 if I really want it but I have a raw copy that has a good shot at a 9.6! But...that book is common in HG. Warehouse find in the mid-90s timeframe. That's why you see lots of Young Love 107-109 and Young Romance 197-199 while the later numbers are harder to find.

100 Pagers

How about this? Too high or good start?

grider67

The price is reasonable. 9.4s have sold in around the $200 range. I can get one for $200 if I really want it but I have a raw copy that has a good shot at a 9.6! But...that book is common in HG. Warehouse find in the mid-90s timeframe. That's why you see lots of Young Love 107-109 and Young Romance 197-199 while the later numbers are harder to find.

Well, to quote some of the horror covers....

WELL, NOW YOU KNOW!

BTW, grider this is a HORROR thread, keep that kissey kissey stuff off here... tongue.gif

This question is for everyone...

Have any of the locals sent in 50 or more copies to CGC at one time?

And how were the results and how long did it take to get them back?

grider67 juggle.gif

I do that all the time! The last batch of economy submissions took 4 months but they are really behind. Last year, they were at around 2 month turnaround. The grades are pretty well what I expected. I usually have a good grasp about non-squarebounds but I've finally been able to figure out how they grade squarebounds! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Zonker is correct.

Next question:

Can you name the story from The Witching Hour that follows the same theme from the 'Fight Club' movie with Brad Pitt (ie delusional person makes up a fictional person in order to do things he wouldn't ordinarily do). Issue number, story title, and plot summary.

A hint--look in the 52pagers early in the series.

1) Witching Hour 18

2) "The worm that turned to terror"

3) Barney is a timid man married to Henrietta who constantly brow beats him. He is deluded into thinking that his confident twin "brother" Keith has come back to give him some back bone. Keith encourages Barney to damage the headstone of Henrietta's mother, Agnes.

The next night, Keith comes back that they break into Barney's employer's office and destroy his accounting ledger. Barney refuses to steal any money that night.

The next night, they go back and Barney is attempting to crack the safe when the cops come in and arrest him.

We then jump to a scene in a hospital where we see 2 orderlies trying to restrain Barney who straps while Barney yells for them to get Keith.

The doctors asks Henrietta to contact Keith but she advises him that Barney was on only child and that Keith was just the imaginary person that he always wanted to be like! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

nice work greggy! I was too tired to dig.. I just spent all day data inputting the interior artists & writers in Weird war tales....can't ...open...another...comic
Missed it the first time. I dunno when I read these books last! May be 6-7 years ago! sorry.gif

you are very wise BOC! I would have, but i was also logging in content of note so i had to go through issue by issue. For instance if there is a horribly burned person or decapitation or that sort of thing which stands out in bronze age horror i wanted to have it noted. My job would have been much easier other wise! foreheadslap.gif