• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,897 posts in this topic

Speaking of weird war.. after burning through the run (except for 9 or so issues) i must say i respect it more than i used too. Its really solid art & contentwise, better than witching hour for example. I even grew to like the creature commandos which i used to think was about as idiotic as it could get. The werewolf is really a bit like Wolverine in his methods.....

now, IF I COULD ONLY FIND A #68!!!!

YES! By Mid June my comprehensive bronze horror site will be up. Initially DC Should be complete from 1968-1983 with full size scans & contents for every comic. I will also have articles & features & things about the comics. Charlton & Marvel will follow as soon as i can, and then Magazines, Gold Key & the rest. I have been working on it extensively for 6 months now and am starting to get really psyched. I hope everyone likes it!

YES! By Mid June my comprehensive bronze horror site will be up. Initially DC Should be complete from 1968-1983 with full size scans & contents for every comic. I will also have articles & features & things about the comics. Charlton & Marvel will follow as soon as i can, and then Magazines, Gold Key & the rest. I have been working on it extensively for 6 months now and am starting to get really psyched. I hope everyone likes it!

893applaud-thumb.gif Is Arrgh! going to be included? 893whatthe.gif

What about the Atlas Seaboard titles? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

eventually yes to both. I am limited at this point to what i have which is about 2000 bronze horror, 1400 or so being DC. That limits the rest a bit, but i'll get the frame work up & update as i go. Anyone who wants to pitch in with content info or scans is more than welcome to PM me! Sadly, i don't have a SINGLE atlas/Seaboard sorry.gif i used to have a bunch, but now that i need them, i no longer have them...

eventually yes to both. I am limited at this point to what i have which is about 2000 bronze horror, 1400 or so being DC. That limits the rest a bit, but i'll get the frame work up & update as i go. Anyone who wants to pitch in with content info or scans is more than welcome to PM me! Sadly, i don't have a SINGLE atlas/Seaboard sorry.gif i used to have a bunch, but now that i need them, i no longer have them...
Check her for scans and story synoptis. The person who runs the site is a forum member - TheVisitor!

Atlas Archive website

hey! speaking of this thread, i am working on a selection of the best covers of the era for my website (Still on track for June, at least DC will be complete by then) and would love some input on what everyone thinks. Are there any obscure ones you love? Which Wrightsons really are better than others. What about Adams......Let me know what you think. I am shooting for 25 "classics" and don't be DC Centric if possible!

I'm not even sure how to start compiling a Best 25 list. Maybe set it up as categories?

Kids-in-danger motif:

HoM 174

HoS 96

Damsels in distress:

HoS 92 (of course!)

HoS 88

HoS 89

Latter day discoveries (this is where I'm really looking forward to your website; in the pre-CGC prehistory, many collectors stopped paying attention to the horror books once Adams, Wrightson, Kaluta stopped doing the interiors : we missed a boatload of classic covers!)

the Wrightson Halloween HoM Dollar Comic

the Kaluta mermaid cover

the Kaluta Dracula cover to HoS 151

virtually Kaluta's entire run of Doorway to Nightmare covers!

...and then there's the black cover to HoS 103...

Let us know when we can "beta test" the site for comments and suggestions... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Check her for scans and story synoptis. The person who runs the site is a forum member - TheVisitor!

Atlas Archive website

Great history info---Thanks for sharing BOC!

Atlas Archive website

Great history info---Thanks for sharing BOC!

I didn't do anything but thank you! acclaim.gif

virtually Kaluta's entire run of Doorway to Nightmare covers!

Prime stuff. The Doorway to Nightmare and Time Warp (science fiction) were some of Kaluta's best covers. I think there was an unpublished Doorway to Nightmare cover (#6) that appeared in one of the Cancelled Comic Cavalcade's. If memory serves me correct, it also appeared in the interior of one of the $1.00 issues of The Unexpected.

i think there were at least 2 differnt Xanadu kaluta covers that turned up inside the dollar unexpecteds. I'd have to dig them out to be sure. #3 with the bat is may favorite by far cloud9.gif

A lovely Dominguez cover....

oops i grabbed the wrong scan..ph well here is a Cardy cover!

463881-hos111.jpg

463881-hos111.jpg.720416d9fb3a25c1399d0aae76d4a7d8.jpg