• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,908 posts in this topic

On 2/1/2023 at 1:04 PM, batmiesta said:

:jawdrop: Lovely book Dover, is that a date stamp across the P and H? Where did you find this beauty? 

Thank you. I needed this book. That is a date stamp. This was on E-Bay auction and ended last Friday. The reality is I got it for much less than I typed in for bidding. I have never owned a HG copy of this book. I have several raw copies but no graded, ever. 

On 2/4/2023 at 4:34 PM, Mr.Fantastic said:

Recent auction win. #'s 1-4 are currently scheduled for grading.  Will post here when they pop.

Grades just popped.  So disappointed that my stomach hurts.  May post them when I get in hand.

Ghosts 1-4 were all bought from reputable dealers with 30+ years in the business, guys we have all bought from on here before.  

All Books were CPR'd before grading.

Ghosts#1 (RAW NM- 9.2) CGC grade 8.5,

Ghosts#3 (RAW NM) CGC grade 7.5

Ghosts#4 (Raw NM) CGC grade 9.0.

Ghosts#2 (Raw NM) CGC grade 9.4

Secrets of Sinister House #5 (Grade CGC 9.4 Old Label) Current CGC grade 9.2

No blaming anyone as I believe the grades I bought them in raw were fair.  Just disappointed and somewhat puzzled by the grader notes.

Edited by Mr.Fantastic

On 2/19/2023 at 4:53 PM, Mr.Fantastic said:

Been on my watch list almost since the day it started. IIRC it was listed for$650 originally. One of the best HOM covers ever drawn. Anyone here get it??

Odd to see a comic with dogears at both open corners in a 9.2 case. 

Agreed it's a really cool cover.

On 2/25/2023 at 8:58 PM, Jayman said:

These are what I grew up on! My original and still favorite genre! Even the obscure titles are fantastic to collect!

Sorcery # 6.jpg

This is a cool one, thanks for posting :headbang:!

Yes, while It seems to me that DC is the 'favorite' in some ways when compared to Marvel (whose Key Bronze Horror titles had a Super hero kind of feel to them), I am very intrigued with obscure ones, in particular Charlton.  

Most of my PCH stuff is gone, to pay for many golden age super hero and early pre hero books I wanted. Pulps and  now bronze horror are a 'relatively' cheaper way (when compared to golden age comics) to rebuild some horror books back in the collection. 

Leaning so much with my research of titles, artists and stories. 

Will start posting soon, still putting a  collection together.

Edited by sagii