• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Punisher Versus Kill Bill Vol. 2 this weekend! Who will win at box office?

Who will win at the box office?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win at the box office?

50 posts in this topic

It will do very well. I think it will beat Kill Bill Vol. 2. Strange thing is that I haven't seen too many advertisements for Kill Bill which is weird for a big budget movie.

Its playing off the strenth of the first film.

It will do very well. I think it will beat Kill Bill Vol. 2. Strange thing is that I haven't seen too many advertisements for Kill Bill which is weird for a big budget movie.

Its playing off the strenth of the first film.

Could be that or maybe they know the movie sucks and don't want to waste anymore money to advertise it. confused-smiley-013.gif

You've got to be kidding me, right? All the actors and Quentin are promoting the hell out of this film.

Maybe in the last couple of days, but Punisher has been promoted for about 3 weeks now. Even longer than that in the movie theaters. All I am saying is that I haven't seen as many advertisement commercials for Kill Bill as I have the Punisher. Sure Quentin and the other actors are going on Leno or Letterman, but that is free. I am talking about paid advertisements.

Well... I look at it this way...

I will pay full price to see Kill Bill Vol. 2 because I know it's going to be good. I just bought Kill Bill Vol. 1 on DVD this morning (a great advertizing hook as Vol. 1 will be for sale nearly everywhere this week).

I am seeing Punisher for free at an advance screening, but I would otherwise wait to see what people think of it before I see it on a Tuesday or at a discount cinema.

Kev

Well... I look at it this way...

I will pay full price to see Kill Bill Vol. 2 because I know it's going to be good. I just bought Kill Bill Vol. 1 on DVD this morning (a great advertizing hook as Vol. 1 will be for sale nearly everywhere this week).

I am seeing Punisher for free at an advance screening, but I would otherwise wait to see what people think of it before I see it on a Tuesday or at a discount cinema.

Kev

I want to see the Punisher for free at an advance screening too . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Enjoy the show!

Could be that or maybe they know the movie sucks and don't want to waste anymore money to advertise it. confused-smiley-013.gif

Oh yes, the Reviews at 100% Positive for KB2, while Punisher is running at a 29% clip.

I'd say the who produced this Marvel POS movie would be better advised to save their promotional money. 27_laughing.gif

What is strange is that when I voted this afternoon,i ws the first KB2 vote,the first four having voted Punisher.Are shills allowed to have shills these days?

I'm sure KB will sux,almost as bad as all those other sucky movies QT has done in the past.I only hope it sux as bad as pulp fiction.

Kill Bill 2 will be awesome!!

I'll get tickets to both because I love the Punisher and Quentin is one of favorite directors.

The Critics are swaying to a KB2 beatdown though.

As far as Kill Bill Vol 1 -

Bullet in the head surgery = $1,200

Dismembered limb attachment = $ 3,200

Scalp replacement = $ 5,600

Getting spanked by Uma Thurman after she punks you out in a sword fight = Priceless!!

_w

Personally I hated Kill Bill part 1 and probably won't bother going to see part 2. Having said that I am not exactly ready to rush out to see The Punisher either.

What else is out this week? confused-smiley-013.gif

Personally I hated Kill Bill part 1 and probably won't bother going to see part 2. Having said that I am not exactly ready to rush out to see The Punisher either.

What else is out this week?

I'm pretty sure that "the Prince and Me" is still playing. popcorn.gif

K

Kill Bill 2 will be awesome!!

I'll get tickets to both because I love the Punisher and Quentin is one of favorite directors.

The Critics are swaying to a KB2 beatdown though.

As far as Kill Bill Vol 1 -

Bullet in the head surgery = $1,200

Dismembered limb attachment = $ 3,200

Scalp replacement = $ 5,600

Getting spanked by Uma Thurman after she punks you out in a sword fight = Priceless!!

_w

Man! I was crying on that part! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Watched 'The Punisher' yesterday afternoon. Thought it was alright. It was neither spectacular, nor a piece of [!@#%^&^]. It was done fairly cheap by the looks of things. Hopefully, if it does well enough at the box office, they will spend more money on 'Punisher 2' and give it 'Spider-man' treatment or at least 'Daredevil' treatment. 'The Punisher,' btw, was better than 'Daredevil' in my opinion (I give it 3 out of 5 stars). On a very positive note they showed a longer trailer of 'Spider-man 2' before the movie. It looks awesome. cloud9.gif I think it is going to be much better than the first Spider-man movie. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Hopefully, if the world is full of sane, rational thinking people, KBV2 will destroy Punisher.

Kill Bill 2 = $22.1 Million

The Punisher = $14 Million

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movies/04/18/box.office.ap/index.html

...one other source...

Kill Bill 2 = $25.5 Million

The Punisher = $14 Million

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?yr=2004&wknd=16&p=.htm

I really like the detail on the www.boxofficemojo.com site...

Here are the top "opening dollars" for movies in 2004.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?view=opening&yr=2004&p=.htm

Kill Bill 2 is estimated to be #7 this year (so far)...