• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lowest CGC amount in 4 years!

30 posts in this topic

Many of the early CGC submissions got "Cream pages" when they are really better than that. You rarely see that page designation anymore. It may be possible to resubmit it and ask them to review the page quality (and not the grade).

Timely

Many of the early CGC submissions got "Cream pages" when they are really better than that. You rarely see that page designation anymore. It may be possible to resubmit it and ask them to review the page quality (and not the grade).

That's good information to know.

And I am by no means knocking the book, it's beautiful.

I think this phenomena runs through gold as well as high-grade silver and pre-75 bronze keys, and the record-prices these books continue to bring when offered for sale attest to that.

I'd agree, but I'd ratchet that year back to 1963-65.

If CGC ever lowers their rate for 1970-74 books to a realistic amount, the Census will mushroom. Current CGC supply or EBay visibility has absolutely nothing to do with HG supply, only the insane $29 grading fee it incurs.

I think this phenomena runs through gold as well as high-grade silver and pre-75 bronze keys, and the record-prices these books continue to bring when offered for sale attest to that.

I'd agree, but I'd ratchet that year back to 1963-65.

If CGC ever lowers their rate for 1970-74 books to a realistic amount, the Census will mushroom. Current CGC supply or EBay visibility has absolutely nothing to do with HG supply, only the insane $29 grading fee it incurs.

For common, non-key 15 and 20-centers yes, but I don't think the $12 difference in the grading fee (after discount) is affecting the current availability of high-grade bronze keys.

For common, non-key 15 and 20-centers yes, but I don't think the $12 difference in the grading fee (after discount) is affecting the current availability of high-grade bronze keys.

Uber-high value keys maybe, but I'm talking about stuff that guides in the $25-$100 range, that people are paying insane amounts for, and pointing to the very low Census numbers are proof of their rarity.

I've got NM dupes of 20-cent Starlin Captain Marvel, MTU, MTIO, Avengers, Defenders, Captain America, FF, etc. that I would LOVE to slab, but at $29 a shot, I'm sticking with Moderns, where (after discount) it's still 2-to-1, just for a few year's difference.

So would I rather slab two NM X-Men 114's or one NM Captain America 155? Duh!

I've got NM dupes of 20-cent Starlin Captain Marvel, MTU, MTIO, Avengers, Defenders, Captain America, FF, etc....

Exactly, but 95% of these don't qualify as "high grade bronze keys" I listed in my post!

Sure, but have you seen some of those prices on common CGC 9.4-9.6 20-centers? This is definitely a case of newbies misinterpreting the Census. 27_laughing.gif

Which has nothing to do with the point of this thread or my post about high-grade bronze keys. foreheadslap.gif

However, if you want to spin it to talk about your favorite subject of "newbie speculators" and stupid-money prices on common 9.4/9.6 20-centers, you'll have to carry on this conversation with yourself. hi.gif

However, if you want to spin it to talk about your favorite subject of "newbie speculators" and stupid-money prices on common 9.4/9.6 20-centers, you'll have to carry on this conversation with yourself. hi.gif

Will do. thumbsup2.gif

Man, some of those newbie speculators are , paying 10X Guide or higher nosebleed prices for books that sell for pennies in VF/NM. 27_laughing.gif

Quite the investment Einstein. 893frustrated.gif