• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

poor d.c.

31 posts in this topic

It is usually a bad sign when the advertising long before the movie is out, turns to quoting singular words out of context in reviews.

Words like "thrilling", "Incredible", "Fantastic", etc.

I saw the latest commercial on TV for it about a week ago and turned to my wife and said, "it must be a bad movie, because they are trying to hype it already on the commercial with single word review quotes and the movie is still a week away".

They do that stuff when they know they have a crappy movie to try and get as many people out as possible that first weekend, because they know after that first weekend they are screwed from word of mouth and people actually reading entire reviews. It is their only chance to actually make any money off of the pile of dodo.

It sure appears that way...wonder how good Captain America will be?

Capt certainly has that 40's feel to it, Marvel has a good track record with the Iron Man, Thor, X-men franchises over the last 2 years and the Cap trailers look much more promising than the GL one.

We'll see soon enough!

:popcorn:

From the ads I get more of a Fantastic Four vibe than anything. For me, that is not a good vibe.

you know i must have hated ff 1; my wife gave me a surprise 50th b'day party, rented out a private screen at our local cinema, and i watched the flick with a hundred or so of my favorite people in the world. and STILL couldn't stand it.

From the ads I get more of a Fantastic Four vibe than anything. For me, that is not a good vibe.

you know i must have hated ff 1; my wife gave me a surprise 50th b'day party, rented out a private screen at our local cinema, and i watched the flick with a hundred or so of my favorite people in the world. and STILL couldn't stand it.

It was probably the long walk in from the car. Should have brought the U of F diploma . . .

It was probably the long walk in from the car. Should have brought the U of F diploma . . .

heeheehee

:censored:

It was the horrid writing. The worst line in the entire movie for me is when the FF re-group and are about to engage Dr. Doom in combat. Doom looks at them and what does he say?

"This will be fun"

Did the writers even read a comic that had Dr. Doom in it?

It was the horrid writing. The worst line in the entire movie for me is when the FF re-group and are about to engage Dr. Doom in combat. Doom looks at them and what does he say?

"This will be fun"

Did the writers even read a comic that had Dr. Doom in it?

He would have said something more along the lines of...

"Richards, you must comprehend that the Futile Four's failure at the hands of Doom serves to gratify Doom's thirst to prove dominance. Your defeat wiill encapsulate Doom's very essence with vigor and will be unparalleled on a cosmic level. Muawahahah Muawahahah!!!"

Or something right?