• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matrix Movies

Best Matrix Movie?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Best Matrix Movie?

42 posts in this topic

Just bought the DVD to the last movie (Revolutions) and wondered which one everyone thought was the best?

i rented revolutions last tuesday and liked it, not as much as the first two, but still liked it. i like the story of how agent smith's program got out of control and a deal had to be made with neo to destroy the program. the fight scenes between neo and smith towards the end were a little too long, but the main fight scene in zion was good. overall 2 1/2-3 out of 5 stars,thumbsup2.gif now you know there's gonna be a matix 4. shocked.gif

My predictions for the results of this poll

The Matrix 100%

Reloaded 0%

Revolutions 0%

SHHHHH....DONT BIAS THE POLL! 893naughty-thumb.gif

(although, your probrably right... gossip.gif)

Saw first on DVD and went confused.gif, but something about it made me watch it again and went smile.gif. Third time was all 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

$th 5th and whatever number of times was just sheer appreciation for a fine idea. Then - well - THEN I saw 2 and 3 in the theaters. Remembering my experience with 1, I rented them after. Still think 2 was total crapola and 3 was decent but far inferior to 1.

For me? 1 is the DVD I bought and 3 is the one I will watch on ocassion on cable and 2 is the one I will watch a while from now just to make sure I didn;t miss anything.

They should have quit making them after the first one.

For me the two sequels have tarnished the quality of the original, and I am now desperately trying to forget I ever saw them. grin.gif

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Here's how I do it:

Matrix 4: The Real World

Neo lays sprawled in a large crater. The street around him is devastated.

Trinity: Wake up Neo, wake up!

Neo's eyes flutter and he sits up, shaking his head.

Neo: What happened?

Trinity: You couldn't control your flying, and right after the phone call, you crashed to Earth in a flaming ball.

Neo: How long was I out?

Trinity: A few hours, and you've been in some sort of coma, mumbling about Keymakers, the Architect, being blind, Smith coming back from the dead... some really crazy, totally unbelieveable stuff.

Neo laughs.

Neo: WHOA..... Well, let's back to liberating minds from the Matrix, and kicking some robot butt.

I liked Reloaded better. I am not a computer geek so the story line really didn't hook me in the 1st movie. The 20-30 minute fight sequence on the freeway in Reloaded was awesome. But what do I know, I thought the Punisher was pretty good.

Duh! smile.gif I understand that. Also, did u see Matrix in the theater or was your first time on video? That could impact your thinking too.

What amazed me is neither movie got a single academy award nomination. That's backlash for ya.

hi.gif

See previous post.

I understand that. Also, did u see Matrix in the theater or was your first time on video? That could impact your thinking too.

What amazed me is neither movie got a single academy award nomination. That's backlash for ya.

I did watch Matrix in the theater. To tell you the truth I thought the whole idea of using humans as living batteries was dumb. The story itself didn't grab me, but I loved the action. Awesome special effects. In Reloaded there was 3 or 4 times the amount of special effects, which is why I thought it was much better than the original from the standpoint of pure action. And most important it had that woman with the big cans in it.