• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matrix Movies

Best Matrix Movie?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Best Matrix Movie?

42 posts in this topic

I saw all three in the theatre and it broke down this way:

Matrix: 15 viewings

Reloaded: 5 viewings (only because of the car chase scene!)

Revolutions: 2 viewings (and the second time was because of a promise made to a friend!)

I didnt understand the first movie the first time I saw it. I couldnt figure out how he went to the room, being hooked up to the wires, then swollowed by the grey mercury stuff and then in a vat of redish goo!? I said "WTF!" outloud, literally! (got a couple of stares when I did to! grin.gif) But then the second time I saw it, I realized what was going on and it was great!

I liked Reloaded better. I am not a computer geek so the story line really didn't hook me in the 1st movie. The 20-30 minute fight sequence on the freeway in Reloaded was awesome. But what do I know, I thought the Punisher was pretty good.

I like the first one best, but I agree, that whole sequence in Reloaded starting from when Neo was talking to the Oracle in the park, fought the dozens of Smiths, went to go see the Merovinigian, kissed Persephone, fought the Merovingian's men and the twins, and then went out onto the freeway was better than any sequence in ANY of the three films. Had the rest of the movie been as good as those sequences, I would've rated it better than the first film, but there were a few boring scenes to muck it up--such as that 15-minute "shaka zulu"-fest they had down in Zion towards the beginning of the film.

I like the first one best, but I agree, that whole sequence in Reloaded starting from when Neo was talking to the Oracle in the park, fought the dozens of Smiths, went to go see the Merovinigian, kissed Persephone, fought the Merovingian's men and the twins, and then went out onto the freeway was better than any sequence in ANY of the three films.

I agree with this. I especially liked the scene where Neo goes at it with the Oracle's guardian just prior to walking out into the courtyard. That short sequence was about as close as any of the Matrix movies came to the original kung fu theatre stuff I saw as a kid.

The problem I had with the action scenes in Reloaded, was that NONE of them meant anything, had any sort of "if I lose we're screwed" kind of stakes, and were basically brainless eye candy.

I can still remember sitting in the theatre for the original Matrix, seeing Neo turn back to Agent Smith, and hearing Morpheus say "He's starting to believe".

Everyone in the theatre was leaning forward in anticipation. 893applaud-thumb.gif

What WAS the point of that RAVE scene and Morpheous should have used a mike or something when he was talking.

Sorta reminded me of the classic film "The Warriors", when Siruis speaks to the crowd.

"Caaaaaan yooooou diiiiig it!!!"

27_laughing.gif

Sorta reminded me of the classic film "The Warriors", when Siruis speaks to the crowd.

NOW THAT WAS A GREAT MOVIE!!! Love the part where the psycho is clanging the bottles together and saying..."Warriors...come out to plaaaayy!" 893applaud-thumb.gif

CLASSIC!! thumbsup2.gif

NOW THAT WAS A GREAT MOVIE!!! Love the part where the psycho is clanging the bottles together and saying..."Warriors...come out to plaaaayy!" 893applaud-thumb.gif

CLASSIC!! thumbsup2.gif

Warriors is spectacular, a top-10 film. Outstanding, over the top bizareness, and captured the freakiness that was New York (~geezer alert! ~geezer alert) in 1979.

What WAS the point of that RAVE scene...

I think it was meant to demonstrate the opposing behaviors of the two societies.

The machine world is all about control. The Zion rave is all about being out of control.

That being said, I still think the scene was about 90% too long.

Dude, the first Matrix completely rocked my world. I too didn't catch the thrid in the theaters and when I bought the DVD I kinda wish I did as it would have saved me $5! Horrible movie!! Uggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

D. They all suck!

whatever you think about these movies...The Matrix is THE movie that sold DVD to america...before The Matrix people could give or take DVD....after The Matrix DVD is the only way to go...along with that the way that the movie was shot was totally new...The Matrix changed the way movies are made and the way that people watch them...I doubt anyone would say the same for the other 2...

Joe nailed it. The Matrix was a phenomenal experience in the theatre. A big part of that was the surprise that the plot slowly laid out. It was the first time I paid to see a movie twice in the theatre since Die Hard.

By the way, that rave scene was one of my most painful 45 minutes in a theatre.

It was a surprise to me, watching it again last night on HBOHD, to find the second one better than my initial reaction, but still less than the original....by far. 893blahblah.gif