• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maybe it's San Diego posted by MarkDAnderson

15 posts in this topic

52 days and

Today is day 52 and my comics are in,economy, verificatin limbo. I check my order status at least twice a day and nothing every changes. When they change to scheduled for grading i'm going to have a party. I'm thinking that it has to be because dealers flooded CGC so they can take freshly graded books to San Diego. Or maybe it's the solar flares.

Submission 1 was received on 4/18. Submission 2 on 5/31. There is a 1456 differance in the submission numbers.

I guess it just shows that no matter how bad it gets, there is nothing on earth as awesome as comic books.

See more journals by MarkDAnderson

This happens every year during convention season - CGC is currently finalizing Economy subs received on 4/4/2011, so it shouldn't be too long before your first submission is graded :thumbsup:

no it shouln't be to long before your marked graded. I'm in the same boat,I was marked graded about a week and a half ago and I'm on day 61,already minus the one holiday and the friday before the Philly con.Someone will most likely jump in with more days off. My received date was 4/4/11 but no way am I holding my breath! Even if they ship tomorrow my out of my hands time will be THREE MONTHS! Mcfly

Mark --- Another update! My order was marked shipped today! So minus the holiday/day off thats 62 business days for a 30 book value submission marked received on 4/4/11. It takes more than two days to hit the west coast but still it spent 88 days in their hands! Way to long! And totally unacceptable in any other business but this one and fully paid for 80 days in advance! How long is "convention season" six months? The 40 day estimate hasn't changed since day one and isn't about to change anytime soon! I have other submissions around the same time as yours 4/20/11 and 5/27/11 lets see how they go? I'll keep in touch? Mcfly P.S. At this rate my 4/20/11 won't make the trip to san diego with me.

HELL YEA !!! My 4/18 submission has just been marked scheduled for grading. The comics are

1. Archie Comics #50....my grade--- 2.5

2. Archie Comics #52....my grade--- 6.5

3. Suzie Comics #51....my grade--- 6.5

4. Giant size X-Men #1..my grade ---6.0

It just so happened that I bought a pint of OLD CROW on my way home from work.. Party time!!!!!

Actual grades to be annonced when I get 'em. :headbang:

I just relized that I should state for the record that I did submit two modern comics on 4/18: Archie #446; Betty & Veronica #251, that have been graded and returned to me on 5/31. Everybody & their dog must have just sent in older comics.

After 57 buisness days my comics have been graded,79 days in real time.

I'm stoked. The results are: ARCHIE #50 --- 2.5

ARCHIE #52 --- 6.5

SUZIE #51 ----- 7.5

Giant Size X-MEN #1 ---- 5.0

I'm really happy about the Suzie comics #51. They are really hard to find in higher grades.

Now I'll just have to wait to get them from the post office.

Hopefully, this means things are slowing down and my next order will be processed quicker.

Mark D. Anderson

It's actually going to get worse before it gets better - you have SDCC right around the corner, and CGC is going to be absolutely slammed after that show ...

Should they be recovered by the time Labor Day rolls around? I'd like to think my 4 different tier submissions will be done by then so I can sub a few more.