• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic book dealer...crappy attitude

153 posts in this topic

I know the feeling and this dealer sounds like some well known jerks from a great metropolitan area that shall remain nameless.These types have ruined the hobby. They are arrogant little twerps! Parasites is what they are! What have they ever created? They just use!

shocked.gifpopcorn.gifshocked.gif

Just a couple of things not geared at anyone in particular:

1 - there are two sides of every story, let's not forget that

2 - people do have bad days and granted, it does suck to be on the other end but still it does happen

3 - returning the books that you wanted priority overnight seems a little bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face

4 - I wonder why so many people point to Metro with absolutely no basis what so ever. I do applaud Vincent for taking the initiative to spend time on here and to do his best to make sure that we are all personally satisfied with our Metro experiences. Furthermore, his initiative with the Comic Zone talk show benefits all collectors and shows his love of the hobby.

I can tell you that I have had the chance to work with Metro on both the buy side and sell side in the past 12 months and have been thoroughly impressed by the professionalism and the customer service that they display. If anyone has a problem just call up and ask for Vince (or for Ed or Ben - another two stand up guys) and they will take care of you.

My two cents,

DAM

2 - people do have bad days and granted, it does suck to be on the other end but still it does happen

3 - returning the books that you wanted priority overnight seems a little bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face

4 - I wonder why so many people point to Metro with absolutely no basis what so ever. I do applaud Vincent for taking the initiative to spend time on here and to do his best to make sure that we are all personally satisfied with our Metro experiences. Furthermore, his initiative with the Comic Zone talk show benefits all collectors and shows his love of the hobby.

I can tell you that I have had the chance to work with Metro on both the buy side and sell side in the past 12 months and have been thoroughly impressed by the professionalism and the customer service that they display. If anyone has a problem just call up and ask for Vince (or for Ed or Ben - another two stand up guys) and they will take care of you.

My two cents,

DAM

Ditto. Metro is tops. I've had nothing but great experiences with them and they have a fantastic selection. thumbsup2.gif

Sure, and I tried to explain mine exactly as it happened. Care to show me how I slanted my side?

Do you have clientele where you work? Do you disrespect the people who help pay your salary? Are you condescending to your patrons, and then defend your own actions after the fact?

Don't know if you realize it or not, but I'm no longer actively collecting so who really cares? It's not the money involved here but the principle...the sooner I'm rid of any sort of a transaction with these people the better. I will not "tread lightly" just because they're a dealer and get in comic books, and will not have them as a resource if I ever do decide to collect again. Don't care. Besides, I shipped them back USPS priority anyway...my days of "wasting" money on this dealer are over.

Shiled, you gotta relax a bit or I see a lot of ulcers in your future.

I am not saying that you slanted your story at all - I am just saying that perhaps this nameless other party doesn't view this the same way.

Don't know if you realize it or not, but I'm no longer actively collecting so who really cares? It's not the money involved here but the principle...the sooner I'm rid of any sort of a transaction with these people the better. I will not "tread lightly" just because they're a dealer and get in comic books, and will not have them as a resource if I ever do decide to collect again. Don't care. Besides, I shipped them back USPS priority anyway...my days of "wasting" money on this dealer are over.

Dude, you obviously cared enough to the tune of $1K to buy the books originally and then for the time and effort to:

1 - post this on the boards

2 - return the books USPS priority

Sorry that you didn't get the customer service tha you wanted, but at the end of the day just let it go. Relax - you'll be a lot happier for it,

DAM

It's all about customer service and respect. If you don't spend 50 grand a year with these guys you get neither. They're jerks, don't deal with jerks. There's enough good dealers out there, so why bother with those clowns. sign-rantpost.gif

Blackhand - who are you a shill for? I noticed that you registered yesterday and your only posts here seem to be slamming Metro. If you can't have the decency and the conviction in your statements to put your name with your comments maybe you shouldn't be posting? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Dave Matteini

If we ARE talking about Metro why don't we all just SAY so. It's not like Metro doesn't get ripped enough on the boards...

Otherwise, we're just talking about some nameless dealer that nobody knows who it actually is... If this dealer acted so reprehensibly, let's just call them out... otherwise... what's the point? other than to complain.

If we ARE talking about Metro why don't we all just SAY so. It's not like Metro doesn't get ripped enough on the boards...

Otherwise, we're just talking about some nameless dealer that nobody knows who it actually is... If this dealer acted so reprehensibly, let's just call them out... otherwise... what's the point? other than to complain.

Well, surprise surprise...of course that's who it was. I wouldn't have mentioned them by name, but since Vince just PM'd me, asking to stop making comments about his comic book company, I think I'll go ahead and officially say it.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That's a shame. My last transaction with them went smoothly, and it seems like your previous purchases also went smoothly..... I wonder what happened this last time confused-smiley-013.gif

Who knows. Now I'm getting threatening emails from Vince via PM, using the "F" word and all. They're so professional. Until Vincent formally apologizes to me on these boards, he and his "Napoleon complex" will continue to receive subtle jabs from me.

Vince - I know you're reading this. What are you going to do about it?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That's a shame. My last transaction with them went smoothly, and it seems like your previous purchases also went smoothly..... I wonder what happened this last time confused-smiley-013.gif

Who knows. Now I'm getting threatening emails from Vince via PM, using the "F" word and all. They're so professional. Until Vincent formally apologizes to me on these boards, he and his "Napoleon complex" will continue to receive subtle jabs from me.

Vince - I know you're reading this. What are you going to do about it?

I can hear them turning....

THE WHEELS ARE IN MOTION!!!

893whatthe.gif

I can hear them turning....

THE WHEELS ARE IN MOTION!!!

893whatthe.gif

There's nothing any funny book dealer can do to me; no "wheels turning" or anything, as I'm not actively collecting right now. Too many people seem to take flak from certain large dealers because they're afraid to "burn the bridge". Everyone I speak to privately all agree with me on THIS dealer, and their crappy attitiude. Why is it when I hadn't even disclosed the name everyone already knew who I was talking about? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif