• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite Good Girl Covers...

420 posts in this topic

Another "Foxy" lady -- courtesy Jack Kamen

894134-BlueBeetle52.jpg

894134-BlueBeetle52.jpg.808dd3704c697b0c035a7a0ffa9c7bb4.jpg

That's a beautiful cover!

Did I just hear the phone ring at Metropolis? poke2.gif

Thanks -- nothing like form-fitting spacesuits cloud9.gif

Thanks -- nothing like form-fitting spacesuits cloud9.gif

No need to call Metro, there's a crudy copy on eBay right now. Almost bid on it too. Darn you Adam. Oh and would you or anyone happen to have a copy of Cave Girl # 11(I think) from ME they could kindly scan? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif It's got a great Powell girl and cat.

Not until I see how I did in the Heritage auction... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My first Mile High cloud9.gif

Since she's involved with crooks, would this technically be a "bad girl" cover?

The book features a story on HH Holmes, one of America early (1890s) and profilic serial killers. It's quite gruesome, as was the true story. You can read about it in the book "The Devil in the White City."

This scan, btw, is a good example of why it's hard to judge a book without seeing it in person. The defects of note are minor printing errors. In person, it's lovely.

913932-FamousCrime2.jpg

913932-FamousCrime2.jpg.d307e2a066e4d052ba580830b59e97d5.jpg

Adam - did you buy that from Harley Yee around 8-10 years ago? I recall someone buying the Church copy of that book from him at an LA con about that long ago. The book looked like it was fresh off the stands. I could be wrong but it sticks out because the book was on my want list at the time - though I wasn't looking for a copy that nice (foolish me) . And I second that the Holmes story is a classic - Rick Geary did a top-notch retelling of it in his "The Beast of Chicago" graphic novel.

Toby's contribution to the good girl genre. It has some very nice art in the interior stories that, alas, aren't as seductive as the cover.

915403-SandsPacific.jpg

915403-SandsPacific.jpg.0aad7cf9874443c0d38400aea2bc01ca.jpg