• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

On speaking terms and trying to solve the problem

448 posts in this topic

And it continues to baffle me how parcels from as close as Seattle or California still take 3 weeks to get to me - no exceptions. :(
I can pretty much guaranty the problem isn't on this side of the border. I get packages from Canada in about the same time as U.S. shipments. It's probably a customs deal on your end - U.S. isn't concerned with collecting taxes on incoming stuff, so things probably just breeze in.

Thanks man....you are right....I'm done with this thread .... OVER AND OUT........(thumbs u

Cool - you and Mark1 can sell books to each other now :thumbsup:

Interesting that you had nothing but positive things to say about me when I bought things from you. How soon we forget?

Marc bought a TOS slab from me - it was a great transaction in every aspect :thumbsup:

Mike

Mike, I PM'd you but really...is this kind of posting really necessary to continue to be immature and pile stuff on? I know...I'm sensitive...I need thicker skin... :blahblah:

Or, perhaps you guys just take stuff too far sometimes and it's just not necessary to continue to pile on and on and on.

Thanks man....you are right....I'm done with this thread .... OVER AND OUT........(thumbs u

Interesting that you had nothing but positive things to say about me when I bought things from you. How soon we forget?

Marc bought a TOS slab from me - it was a great transaction in every aspect :thumbsup:

Mike

Mike, I PM'd you but really...is this kind of posting really necessary to continue to be immature and pile stuff on? I know...I'm sensitive...I need thicker skin... :blahblah:

Or, perhaps you guys just take stuff too far sometimes and it's just not necessary to continue to pile on and on and on.

You made your bed......

Mike

Marc -

First, I take full responsibility for my postings. However, I can't take responsibility for your postings.

I posted in the feedback forum, but it was only at your request. I think I've posted there about four times total, but only at buyers/sellers requests. I think the whole Kudos thing is ridiculous.

You and JDvV77 need to understand how you come off in your postings - like very needy customers. And I'm trying to be polite here.

In your case, you never even spoke with the person who you're mad at. An employee made a promise that Jamie didn't keep. Or maybe never knew about. I don't think flaming him on a public message board is appropriate behavior. And no, I'm not defending Jamie's alleged actions, just like I'm not defending yours. I've never done business with Graham Crackers, to my knowledge.

In JDvV77's case, he is way too impatient, and is flailing around with negative feedback, and flaming the seller on a public message board, about items outside the seller's control. Not appropriate behavior, in my opinion.

If I was a seller in either of these cases, I would take into account the buyer's behavior in my response and attempts to resolve the issue.

When you post as you have done, people will form opinions about you - that comes with the territory of what you have done. If I was the one who started these threads, I would be talking to a moderator and be attempting to get these threads totally removed, if possible. Again, this is only my opinion, but I believe it is shared by others here: both buyers appear to be very much in the wrong here.

And it continues to baffle me how parcels from as close as Seattle or California still take 3 weeks to get to me - no exceptions. :(
I can pretty much guaranty the problem isn't on this side of the border. I get packages from Canada in about the same time as U.S. shipments. It's probably a customs deal on your end - U.S. isn't concerned with collecting taxes on incoming stuff, so things probably just breeze in.

Yep, I think your right about this one. It doesn't happen all the time, but far too often I have books sent from the USA sit at Canada Customs for weeks. Never any explanation why. Never any indication there was a problem with the package. Just slow as molasses.

You and JDvV77 need to understand how you come off in your postings - like very needy customers. And I'm trying to be polite here.

Yeah I've seen nicotine dependent beagles with more patience. :frustrated:

Sometimes life gets in the way of things and if the most worrying thing going on in your life is a few comics have gone missing or you think you've received crappy customer care then frankly I think you should count your blessings and chill the out!!!

Cheers

PCC

Sometimes life gets in the way of things and if the most worrying thing going on in your life is a few comics have gone missing or you think you've received crappy customer care then frankly I think you should count your blessings and chill the out!!!

Cheers

PCC

Sorry... couldn't resist any longer....

A very constructive attitude towards comic book trading.........

Why the are you on this board? To discuss the poverty in Africa?

Yeah I've seen nicotine dependent beagles with more patience.

Being a beagle owner myself, this is a very vivid picture :eek:

Speaking of which, time for walkies :banana:

Yep, I think your right about this one. It doesn't happen all the time, but far too often I have books sent from the USA sit at Canada Customs for weeks. Never any explanation why. Never any indication there was a problem with the package. Just slow as molasses.

It will interesting to see, with the current financial crisis in the U.S., if there will be a push by the government to start taxing more of the mail order stuff, both within the U.S. and stuff being shipped in from other countries. My guess is we'd waste more money in infrastructure trying to tax/tariff this then it would be worth, but the government never makes much sense.

:popcorn:

You sharing that?

sure it's extra buttery delicious..

oh and you are a bit grumpy sometimes BTW :popcorn: :popcorn:

not like Oldguy..but a bit.. ;)

:acclaim:

Cheers

PCC

Sorry... couldn't resist any longer....

A very constructive attitude towards comic book trading.........

Why the are you on this board? To discuss the poverty in Africa?

just like the nicotine dependant beagle you could not hold back lol

he is ing on the board because he wants to be..we are all doing whatev we want pretty much..

so have a shot of whisky and chillax..

113808.jpg.198b2d3a38f73d2ca7fd284f450398a9.jpg

You sharing that?

I haven't seen pics of Oldguy..it may be just your dead sexiness makes you all the more pleasant.. :popcorn::foryou:

Yeah I've seen nicotine dependent beagles with more patience.

Being a beagle owner myself, this is a very vivid picture :eek:

Speaking of which, time for walkies :banana:

walkies lol

You sharing that?

I haven't seen pics of Oldguy..it may be just your dead sexiness makes you all the more pleasant.. :popcorn::foryou:

:whee: