• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

On speaking terms and trying to solve the problem

448 posts in this topic

You and JDvV77 need to understand how you come off in your postings - like very needy customers. And I'm trying to be polite here.

Yeah I've seen nicotine dependent beagles with more patience. :frustrated:

Sometimes life gets in the way of things and if the most worrying thing going on in your life is a few comics have gone missing or you think you've received crappy customer care then frankly I think you should count your blessings and chill the out!!!

Cheers

PCC

Sorry... couldn't resist any longer....

A very constructive attitude towards comic book trading.........

Why the are you on this board? To discuss the poverty in Africa?

just like the nicotine dependant beagle you could not hold back lol

he is ing on the board because he wants to be..we are all doing whatev we want pretty much..

so have a shot of whisky and chillax..

(thumbs u Pretty much my point!

Thanks man....you are right....I'm done with this thread .... OVER AND OUT........(thumbs u

Cool - you and Mark1 can sell books to each other now :thumbsup:

Interesting that you had nothing but positive things to say about me when I bought things from you. How soon we forget?

Marc bought a TOS slab from me - it was a great transaction in every aspect :thumbsup:

Mike

Mike, I PM'd you but really...is this kind of posting really necessary to continue to be immature and pile stuff on? I know...I'm sensitive...I need thicker skin... :blahblah:

Or, perhaps you guys just take stuff too far sometimes and it's just not necessary to continue to pile on and on and on.

Marc -

First, I take full responsibility for my postings. However, I can't take responsibility for your postings.

I posted in the feedback forum, but it was only at your request. I think I've posted there about four times total, but only at buyers/sellers requests. I think the whole Kudos thing is ridiculous.

You and JDvV77 need to understand how you come off in your postings - like very needy customers. And I'm trying to be polite here.

In your case, you never even spoke with the person who you're mad at. An employee made a promise that Jamie didn't keep. Or maybe never knew about. I don't think flaming him on a public message board is appropriate behavior. And no, I'm not defending Jamie's alleged actions, just like I'm not defending yours. I've never done business with Graham Crackers, to my knowledge.

In JDvV77's case, he is way too impatient, and is flailing around with negative feedback, and flaming the seller on a public message board, about items outside the seller's control. Not appropriate behavior, in my opinion.

If I was a seller in either of these cases, I would take into account the buyer's behavior in my response and attempts to resolve the issue.

When you post as you have done, people will form opinions about you - that comes with the territory of what you have done. If I was the one who started these threads, I would be talking to a moderator and be attempting to get these threads totally removed, if possible. Again, this is only my opinion, but I believe it is shared by others here: both buyers appear to be very much in the wrong here.

I take full responsibility for my posts as well. Based on the amount of PMs and other comments from others...it seems to be a 50/50 split of people agreeing with your opinion and those who agree with mine. You opinion doesn't mean it's correct. I'm not a needy customer. I am someone who believes that if a business says something will be done...it will be done. Could I have waited longer? Sure. I didn't want to wait anymore.

To answer your point about "you never even spoke to the person who you're mad at". Jamie Graham represents his business. I could have said I won't do biz with Graham Cracker Comics...would that be different? NO. If you read my posts I said I wasn't looking for Jamie to call me back to work something out...I was just looking for a call back from anyone who works at the store (after leaving a few messages). Why is that so hard to understand? And I'm being polite here.

I don't agree with you and any others who feel I was in the wrong. I've read all the feedback and I took it to heart. It didn't change my opinion.

Regarding the Kudos...my post about the kudos you left for me wasn't about the merits of the kudos forum. I can take it or leave it. It was about the fact that you and I had a sale without any issues or problems. That's my point. I have had probably 30 or more transactions on this board over the past year (not as many as some) and have been collecting on and off for years buying from dealers all over the country.

Not all of them have been perfect but I haven't felt that I wanted to post anything about them (from what I recall). This sale with Graham annoyed me more than others and I wanted to vent. Form all the opinions about me as you want....I am not changing my stance on the situation and I won't ask the mods to remove the thread.

We can agree to disagree. I guess I expect too much to think it can be a disagreement or debate minus the childishness.

As for this OP, I don't have an opinion either way. But, lizard2 you clearly have enough opinions for the both of us.

I hope the OP can get this situation resolved.

I think the whole Kudos thing is ridiculous.

Pretty much (thumbs u

Sometimes life gets in the way of things and if the most worrying thing going on in your life is a few comics have gone missing or you think you've received crappy customer care then frankly I think you should count your blessings and chill the out!!!

Cheers

PCC

Well it might not be the most constructive attitude but it sure beats the whiny self absorbed "woe is me" ATTITUDE that a small but vocal minority in' have...

I'm happy to if it will take your mind of your missing books

Pretty much (thumbs u

Why? Just curious.

Because it's for kudos only. You can only share the good, not the bad.

For the record, I just read this whole thread from start to finish. :P

Pretty much (thumbs u

Why? Just curious.

Kudos to you. (thumbs u

Pretty much (thumbs u

Why? Just curious.

Because a kudos thread is basically folks giving each other pats on the back and thumbs up for packing and sending boxes of comics. No one should have to waste their time giving congratulations for doing something that is so simple. And if anyone is inept enough to screw it up we'll hear about it in general. I sorry but I don't think I've looked at the kudos section since the first week or so that it went up. I guess I should make up for that now...

Here's a big kudos to everyone who's bought from me - you each did a great job of sending money (thumbs u

Here's a big kudos to everyone who's sold to me - the packages all arrived safe and sound (thumbs u

Boom...done.

Pretty much (thumbs u

Why? Just curious.

I think for a new person it can be a valuble tool (if they use it) to get an idea of who's trustworthy. It's a positive version of the probation list (shrug)

Side note: I love the iPad :cloud9:

Pretty much (thumbs u

Why? Just curious.

Because a kudos thread is basically folks giving each other pats on the back and thumbs up for packing and sending boxes of comics. No one should have to waste their time giving congratulations for doing something that is so simple. And if anyone is inept enough to screw it up we'll hear about it in general. I sorry but I don't think I've looked at the kudos section since the first week or so that it went up. I guess I should make up for that now...

Here's a big kudos to everyone who's bought from me - you each did a great job of sending money (thumbs u

Here's a big kudos to everyone who's sold to me - the packages all arrived safe and sound (thumbs u

Boom...done.

Once more... with feeling.

Pretty much (thumbs u

Why? Just curious.

I think for a new person it can be a valuble tool (if they use it) to get an idea of who's trustworthy. It's a positive version of the probation list (shrug)

Everyone is trustworthy in the kudos forum.

Pretty much (thumbs u

Why? Just curious.

Up until the point they screw someone over.

Pretty much (thumbs u

Why? Just curious.

Up until the point they screw someone over.

Unfortunately, that can't be posted in the kudos forum. It should have been set up as a feedback forum, to include both positive and negative feedback.

I sorry but I don't think I've looked at the kudos section since the first week or so that it went up.

The first person who asked me to post feedback about them had to direct me to where the heck it was. I still have difficulty in finding it. The only threads I generally look at are GA/SA/BA and Mixed sales, Want to buy, general and VCC (when applicable). I spend too much time just in those threads.

I would look at an anti-kudos thread, if it told me who packages poorly, who repeatedly tries to pass off books that are restored, taped, CT'd, missing pages, etc. Not that that's going to happen.

Cheers

PCC

Well it might not be the most constructive attitude but it sure beats the whiny self absorbed "woe is me" ATTITUDE that a small but vocal minority in' have...

I'm happy to if it will take your mind of your missing books

Thank you for reminding me..... but what the heck....I'll just count my blessings........

You are fundamentally right.... I just hate to admit it!

Pretty much (thumbs u

Why? Just curious.

Boom...done.

The whole kudos thing was started by BronzeBruce as a way of showing appreciation for some boardies with whom he had a number of pleasant transactions. It was just meant to be a good-natured thread for people to post about their transactions with other board members, no different from threads like "this week in your collection".

At some point, it turned into what it is now - namely, a half-functioning feedback system, and yet another thing to be taken both out of context and too seriously.

Pretty much (thumbs u

Why? Just curious.

Boom...done.

The whole kudos thing was started by BronzeBruce as a way of showing appreciation for some boardies with whom he had a number of pleasant transactions. It was just meant to be a good-natured thread for people to post about their transactions with other board members, no different from threads like "this week in your collection".

At some point, it turned into what it is now - namely, a half-functioning feedback system, and yet another thing to be taken both out of context and too seriously.

Perhaps if it were soothed with a little Vagisil. hm

Pretty much (thumbs u

Why? Just curious.

Boom...done.

Perhaps if it were soothed with a little Vagisil. hm

There isn't enough Vagisil in the world to sooth the collective discharge of comics general.