• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LONDON Super Comic Convention Feb 25-26 2012

725 posts in this topic

Since I've received several PMs and even phone calls I'd like to make it clear that even though I am attending this show I am not a CAW, facilitator, or witness for this show. lol

I'm more than happy to answer PMs but I have received several asking me for my help in the past week.

Since Desert Wind Comics is handling the show all books must go through them.

Even though I get sig stuff done I always grab a witness to accompany me at all the shows.

Hope this helps.

Mate do you think you could introduce me to DWC so I can talk SS CGC with the. Also could you possibly hold my hand while I get a sig from Stan lee amongst others. Could you also prep my books with window bags and help me pack them up for delivery so I can get a sweet 10 like the ones you show off in the modern forumn, oh it will be a silver age book, by the way, but with those magic fingers of yours I'm sure you could find me one, what do you say? :baiting:

:jokealert:

Weekend pass booked. :whee:

(Round the word trip put on hold until March..)

I got pretty quick feedback from an enquiry...I asked if I can bring my ticket on my iPhone, as I dont have access to a printer, and they said yes. (thumbs u

Deffo up for a few beers / food / meet up kind of meetup is arranged with boardies there & after.

As a newb to a) cons, and b) SS, I'd welcome more info. I've seen details about prepping your books for signing via the FB page...just need to know about number I can expect to get signed (per artist), and price of CGC SS submittal..(then decide if I will bother.)

I'm sure that all this will be apparent before February.

Also wondering what is the best / commonly acceptable thing to do about bringing a bag to hold already owned books for signing, plus all the extra stuff that I'm sure to buy at the con..

My first thought was about bringing a towable laptop carry case, lol but that will probably just annoy people..they bug the mess outa me just on regular commutes in London, let alone at a busy convention..so I guess I'll be bringing a well padded backpack instead. thoughts?

Weekend pass booked. :whee:

(Round the word trip put on hold until March..)

I got pretty quick feedback from an enquiry...I asked if I can bring my ticket on my iPhone, as I dont have access to a printer, and they said yes. (thumbs u

Deffo up for a few beers / food / meet up kind of meetup is arranged with boardies there & after.

As a newb to a) cons, and b) SS, I'd welcome more info. I've seen details about prepping your books for signing via the FB page...just need to know about number I can expect to get signed (per artist), and price of CGC SS submittal..(then decide if I will bother.)

I'm sure that all this will be apparent before February.

Also wondering what is the best / commonly acceptable thing to do about bringing a bag to hold already owned books for signing, plus all the extra stuff that I'm sure to buy at the con..

My first thought was about bringing a towable laptop carry case, lol but that will probably just annoy people..they bug the mess outa me just on regular commutes in London, let alone at a busy convention..so I guess I'll be bringing a well padded backpack instead. thoughts?

I'm also a newb in cracking slabs and preparing them for SS. It is my first Con with CGC offerings. Which FB page is it...maybe I could learn more.

so I guess I'll be bringing a well padded backpack instead. thoughts?

That would be an excellent idea (thumbs u

I can tell you from experience, the more you can keep stuff off the ground the better off you are. People don't watch where they are stepping and it is too easy to get your bag/case kicked in the process. Also you can turn your pack around so it is on your chest while you need to go through your books in a line.

We look forward to seeing everyone and will be posting more info over the next 30 days to help everyone be better prepared. Until then have a happy holidays.

I'm also a newb in cracking slabs and preparing them for SS. It is my first Con with CGC offerings. Which FB page is it...maybe I could learn more.

Hey Naits, here is the FB page:

http://www.facebook.com/LondonSuperComicConvention

and on there I found this link to a website with several articles including one about prepping for SS:

http://www.comicconventions.co.uk/

However this seems to have a lot of the same info as what I found in these very forums, under the "Signature Room" section of these boards. There is a stickied 'How to prep..' guide that talks about 'window boarding':

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2947137#Post2947137

and thank you Mr DWC also! (thumbs u

Hey Naits, here is the FB page:

http://www.facebook.com/LondonSuperComicConvention

and on there I found this link to a website with several articles including one about prepping for SS:

http://www.comicconventions.co.uk/

However this seems to have a lot of the same info as what I found in these very forums, under the "Signature Room" section of these boards. There is a stickied 'How to prep..' guide that talks about 'window boarding':

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2947137#Post2947137

and thank you Mr DWC also! (thumbs u

Thank you for the links!

OK gang. Didn't know if I should start a seperate thread or not but i wanted to start to take want lists for the London Convention. Let me know what you would like us to bring. If this thread gets out of hand, i will start a new one. Looking forward to meeting all of you there!!

Jeff and Charles.

evi1

also avoid having open cans of soda near yours or others comics when handling them. Accidents do happen. Best to keep all your books in some sort of hard storage device and then inside a backpack/bag etc.

evi1

also avoid having open cans of soda near yours or others comics when handling them. Accidents do happen. Best to keep all your books in some sort of hard storage device and then inside a backpack/bag etc.

So, do you have prices for CGC boxes?

evi1

So, do you have prices for CGC boxes?

???

OK gang. Didn't know if I should start a seperate thread or not but i wanted to start to take want lists for the London Convention. Let me know what you would like us to bring. If this thread gets out of hand, i will start a new one. Looking forward to meeting all of you there!!

Jeff and Charles.

I need 200 standard/regular size mylite 2's ( 7 1/4 x 10 1/2 ) plus 200 fullbacks to fit .

:wishluck: