• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If the "Great Crash" happens tomorrow what will you be doing?

What will you be doing when the   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What will you be doing when the

48 posts in this topic

Not obsessed. Just doing my part to breakdown the frontiers of ignorance. I think of it as a public service. Plus, it is fun watching grown men having hissy fits whenever the words "Great Crash" are uttered.

hi.gif

Not obsessed. Just doing my part to breakdown the frontiers of ignorance.

If that's you real goal, then I highly recommend taking a hammer to your forehead a few times. Then go buy every OS Annual ever produced, read them cover to cover, and then come back on here with some knowledge.

If the crash occurs tomorow,I'll play golf just like every Weds.. If it occurs two days from now,I'll be playing BlackJack in AC.If it happens over the weekend I'll be doing spring cleaning on the family bungalow.Not sure what my plans are after that but I'll get back to you.

If that's you real goal, then I highly recommend taking a hammer to your forehead a few times.

makepoint.gifgrin.gif

I feel bad for those 2 guys that are going to make like Superman off the bridge. Other than that, the poll came out just as I figured it would where the majority of people are going to be buying if a crash occurs. That being the case, I don't think a crash will last too long if one does occur because there appears to be many people wanting to buy. How long can a crash last if the majority of people want to buy? Isn't a crash caused by most people not being able to sell? confused-smiley-013.gif

Marvelous, others have made allusions to your low intelligence level, but you're only proving that by your complete misunderstanding of math.

Now let's look at the numbers:

We've got 28 respondents, and not even covering shills on the BUY side, there are a whopping 12 people who would NOT BE BUYING. Add in another two that would slow down dramatically, and only buy the odd true premium book, and we've got the following stats:

43% would stop buying

50% would either stop buying completely or slow down considerably.

50% would continue buying

And you think this spells good news for the comic's market? A potential loss of active buyers in the 43-50% range? 27_laughing.gif

What it says Jerry's_Kid is that even if a crash happens...

A majority of 50-57% will still be buying.

32% won't be buying or selling which is a wash because they don't effect the market either way.

Only 3% would be selling everything.

7% will be getting rid of their crappy stuff.

So, the real number is that 50-57% will be buying and only 3-10% will be selling to some degree. Let me guess, were you the lonely person who voted that you would sell? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

32% won't be buying or selling

27_laughing.gif

Man, you're a real genius with the numbers, aren't you?

Let me guess, the guys jumping off the bridge will be reincarnated as hardcore speculators, right? insane.gif

Did you even graduate high school, or are you another product of our horrid educational system? makepoint.gif

JC you are such a dope. You are unable to master the obvious. BTW, I am waiting for the apology you owe me for doubting the Wizard First program and I am waiting on your proof that OSPG advocated investing in new comics over GA, SA, and BA back issues.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif