• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If the "Great Crash" happens tomorrow what will you be doing?

What will you be doing when the   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What will you be doing when the

48 posts in this topic

I,for one, am not overly concerned about the market conditions of 100 years from now. More than likely,I'll be out of collecting by then. This I can say with a fair degree of certainty.

sign-funnypost.gif

Let's wait and see who's still laughing as each year passes on the way to that century mark... sumo.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Starting right now? or in starting in 10 or 20 years from now? I think this is the source of our disagreements... I'll be out in 20-25 years. Youve got more than twice that to go. Im confident my stuff will be fine for that period, but I think youre right for you! 50 years from now, youre facked!

I,for one, am not overly concerned about the market conditions of 100 years from now. More than likely,I'll be out of collecting by then. This I can say with a fair degree of certainty.

sign-funnypost.gif

Let's wait and see who's still laughing as each year passes on the way to that century mark... sumo.gif

This is the point. 27_laughing.gif

This is Gene missing the point. 893frustrated.gif

I think he's referring to the fact that he would be approximately 150 years old by then, and probably not entirely concerned with the price of back issue comics.

It is a, I say, a JOKE, son.

Gene definitely got the joke, Donut. But he cant wait to start keeping score right away...as prices are gonna start dropping continuously for 100 years starting...well--- when, Gene? Its all about having the last laugh, as that post reveals.

The signs of a bubble top are so prevalent now that I'm highly confident that top-tick prices will be registered as early as 2004, but within the next few years in any case. I think you'll be proven way wrong if you think this bubble environment lasts another 10 years, let alone 20-25 years.

The problem with these debates is that we can't really judge who is or isn't right based on day-to-day, week-to-week or even month-to-month changes in prices. I've seen and studied this movie many times before and I know that all manias eventually do come to a bloody, brutal and tragic end, even though things may seem perfectly normal on the aforementioned day-to-day, week-to-week or month-to-month basis. There has never been such a thing as a soft landing following the deflating of a bubble.

I think we both know where each other stands and each of us disagrees with each other's position. There's not much point in debating things further - we'll just have to see who's right over time. I, for one, am highly confident about my position and am not nervous in the least what that means to the value of my collection.

This is the point. 27_laughing.gif

This is Gene missing the point. 893frustrated.gif

I think he's referring to the fact that he would be approximately 150 years old by then, and probably not entirely concerned with the price of back issue comics.

It is a, I say, a JOKE, son.

Like, duh. What made you think I didn't get the joke? confused-smiley-013.gif And I did get your "Foghorn Leghorn" reference as well. You should know by now that nothing gets by me. 893naughty-thumb.gif

(yes, that was a joke too) tongue.gif

But he cant wait to start keeping score right away...Its all about having the last laugh, as that post reveals.

...though apparently there are some people on the Boards who take everything at face value. tongue.gif

day to day, week to week and month to month are too quick, I agree. I signed up a bit over a year ago, and when I got here, the debate had alreadyt been raging for quite awhile. So maybe year to year is also too quick a span to judge. Maybe its every 5 years??? Seems to me we agree on most of the dangers to the hobby and the market except the timing of when things will turn downward, and what will get hammered hardest. I feel confident EXCESSES will be hit, stuff like the 9.6 Aquaman #18 stickered at $1000. Commons in HG from SA, BA and ALL Modern books. You think the entire market is doomed to repeat the cycles of boom markets everywhere. IMO that's not necessarily in the cards.

The signs of a bubble top are so prevalent now that I'm highly confident that top-tick prices will be registered as early as 2004, but within the next few years in any case. I think you'll be proven way wrong if you think this bubble environment lasts another 10 years, let alone 20-25 years.

Listen to the man, Aman ... and get out while you still can!! You can start by selling me those Salidas of yours. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifsmile.gif

Alan

P.S. You going to get back to me about the date stamps on those books? 893frustrated.gif