• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nov Heritage auction

217 posts in this topic

that is just crazy IMO. 3x a reasonable price if you ask me. What do I know I am not in the market for Ross or 50k paintings in general but boy.

Then again, maybe the buyer was looking at it as only $25k per man-boob.

On the whole, soft results for Miller. The better DKR page went for a very good price for the buyer ($21,510). I think that will prove to be a relative bargain, along with the DD cover.

Maybe all the left-wing Hollywood money is boycotting after Frank's anti-OWS rant this week. hm

On the whole, soft results for Miller. The better DKR page went for a very good price for the buyer ($21,510). I think that will prove to be a relative bargain, along with the DD cover.

Maybe all the left-wing Hollywood money is boycotting after Frank's anti-OWS rant this week. hm

I would have bet the house that the 1% were his target OA market, not the dudes camped out in the park.

I would have bet the house that the 1% were his target OA market, not the dudes camped out in the park.

Plenty of limousine liberals in that 1%. (shrug) C'mon, it's either that or it's becoming a buyer's market for Miller art, and certain individuals who have an economic interest in Miller art going up and who hold a grudge against me already would not want me to insinuate that, so let's just blame it on a temporary anti-Miller rant backlash. :insane:

He's still probably the most expensive modern artist... even if the results soften is it really a buyer's market? Maybe its just simply meeting some price resistance at these very high levels. Or, a bit of fatigue - more good miller than usual has been consigned after the record prices. Or perhaps just a hiccup - either way I'd say this auction is not nearly enough data to call a trend up down or sideways. Will be interesting to watch future results though hm

That would have been balanced out by Frank's new neocon fanbase:P

It's possible there was a backlash. If so, what great timing for buyers and horrible luck for sellers. Assuming something like that just happened, it's temporary and I don't think would have ever affected A+ pieces like The Splash.