• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action #1 or this?

1 or 2?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. 1 or 2?

37 posts in this topic

With $1.8million in the bank and 2 choices, which would you buy

1) Action comics #1 1938 CGC Universal 9.4

2) THIS

NEITHER OF THE ABOVE TWO WILL RAISE IN PRICE FOR THE NEXT 20 years (hypothetically).

anybody who is voting for the Action 1 is insane. Absolutely, completely insane.

Really? I took the poll as non-monetary and voted accordingly. I'd be the least successful owner of a horse farm of all-time. I wilt when I get out past Rte. 128 in Eastern Mass, I would absolutely wither living in Kentucky. Within a week I'd be ready to gnaw my arm off in order to get out of there. Plus, the closest I've been to a horse is getting out of the way of mounted cops in downtown Boston. It's just not a life that I'd want at all.

An Action #1, I actually already have an interest in and can ogle every so often at the bank while cradled in the loving grip of my type of civilization.

Money-wise, sure. But I didn't think the poll was about money. Give me an equivalent property somewhere in Boston, New York or San Francisco and I'll give a different answer thumbsup2.gif

Thats what I was trying to do thumbsup2.gif A split decision shows a good range.

No monetary gain, just shows us all what you would REALLY want 893applaud-thumb.gif

Not everyone would be interested in a secluded farm, why would they? Then others would say bricks and mortar is better??

Y'all be the judge thumbsup2.gif

No monetary gain, just shows us all what you would REALLY want 893applaud-thumb.gif

Not even close, and it really gives 99.9% of people a choice between two things they do not want.

Now if you'd put in generics like valuable comic, house, foreign sportscar, stock market, and travel, then we'd have a poll.

anybody who is voting for the Action 1 is insane. Absolutely, completely insane.

Really? I took the poll as non-monetary and voted accordingly. I'd be the least successful owner of a horse farm of all-time. I wilt when I get out past Rte. 128 in Eastern Mass, I would absolutely wither living in Kentucky. Within a week I'd be ready to gnaw my arm off in order to get out of there. Plus, the closest I've been to a horse is getting out of the way of mounted cops in downtown Boston. It's just not a life that I'd want at all.

An Action #1, I actually already have an interest in and can ogle every so often at the bank while cradled in the loving grip of my type of civilization.

Money-wise, sure. But I didn't think the poll was about money. Give me an equivalent property somewhere in Boston, New York or San Francisco and I'll give a different answer thumbsup2.gif

I'm not LIVING in Kentucky. I just want to own the property. If price isn't going to rise, I still want to own the property.

I'm not LIVING in Kentucky. I just want to own the property. If price isn't going to rise, I still want to own the property.

I'm with my capitalist pal Donut on this one... thumbsup2.gif I gotta say, though, that it's shocking how much $1.8 million will buy in middle America compared to New York or California. 893whatthe.gif

And do what with it, if you're not going to do the Green Acres thing?

Not even close, and it really gives 99.9% of people a choice between two things they do not want.

Now if you'd put in generics like valuable comic, house, foreign sportscar, stock market, and travel, then we'd have a poll.

Well JC, as my reply was to someone else, it has nothing to do with you. I will now describe the word 'you' in the context I used it. YOU - meaning the person that answered the pole. If you don't want either, then don't answer the pole and p@#s off somewhere else to rack up some mounting thread count. 893frustrated.gif

Action #1. No question!

You can pay $100 a year to keep it in a safe deposit box.

A horse farm has so many costs to maintain (property taxes, upkeep, vet bills, etc, etc) that if you didn't know what you were doing with it it would bleed you dry. And I am told (I personally stay as far away from horses as possible) that even for people with a significant personal commitment, having a horse far can be a risky financial decision. For those of us with little interest or knowledge in this business... tonofbricks.gif

I'd go for the Action #1

FD - couldn't disagree more. Here's a few things to think about:

1 - a piece of property will be accompanied by property taxes and insurance!! immediate cash outflows

2 - a piece of property will also have several capital expenditures that are needed in the course of 20 years. Even if you don't need a new roof, figure at the very least you would have to mow the lawn right? More $$$ out the window

the Action 1 can sit in a safety deposit box and will at the very least keep pace with inflation. The horse farm in Kentucky is going to lie fallow for quite some time. Hey, if it was really that great a deal it would have NEVER hit ebay . . .

DAM

I'm with my capitalist pal Donut on this one... thumbsup2.gif I gotta say, though, that it's shocking how much $1.8 million will buy in middle America compared to New York or California. 893whatthe.gif

Gene, you totally don't want the property. What are you going to do with it - rent it? Sorry man, but with the exception of the Kentucky Derby that land is worthless . . .

Furthermore, if you wanted to develop it into a strip mall lets say you would have to fight tons of zoning legal battles. A losing proposition . . .

DAM

Action #1. No question!

You can pay $100 a year to keep it in a safe deposit box.

A horse farm has so many costs to maintain (property taxes, upkeep, vet bills, etc, etc) that if you didn't know what you were doing with it it would bleed you dry. And I am told (I personally stay as far away from horses as possible) that even for people with a significant personal commitment, having a horse far can be a risky financial decision. For those of us with little interest or knowledge in this business... tonofbricks.gif

I'd go for the Action #1

thumbsup2.gif

the voice of reason! flowerred.gif

Gene, you totally don't want the property. What are you going to do with it - rent it? Sorry man, but with the exception of the Kentucky Derby that land is worthless . . .

Furthermore, if you wanted to develop it into a strip mall lets say you would have to fight tons of zoning legal battles. A losing proposition . . .

DAM

Dave, one day I am going to wean you off the comic crack mentality completely. 893naughty-thumb.gif You *must* be joking - 502 gorgeous acres of land and a huge manor house as long as a city block...or a single comic book??? The first which has income-producing potential (did you not learn anything from that "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" book you loaned me???) or the latter which relies on ever-increasing amounts of psychological insanity to increase in value? foreheadslap.gif

Owning 502 acres and the houses and barn/stables on it makes you a land baron in the classic tradition - think of the potential! Owning an Action #1 CGC 9.4 only earns you the dubious title of "King of the Dip$hits". stooges.gif