• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM X-Men 1

41 posts in this topic

Nice , but I think there's been some trimmin done

where do you see it, sometimes these early marvels look kind of trimmed but its hard to tell if its just the cut on the book. Im only seeing inconsitency on the top front edge but I dont know if its just bent down or something.

Also, 55 views but only 1 comment. Come on guys please give me you opinions even if you arent sure, I appreciate it!

I could be wrong, but it's quite possible that some folks here might not be so interested in helping based on this other thread of yours.

I understand. But, I dont think you know all the facts.

The seller posted a picture of the old label, that had 'slightly brittle' in that microscopic writing on the old label. I feel the guy was intending to hide this defect but disclose it just enough in the fine print so that he could win an ebay case later. Basically he was out to take advantage of buyers on ebay which is pretty shady.

And then obviously the people on this board are a lot of dealers who sell on ebay who do not like the power of ebay to make them give fair deals to people. Especially if their business model is to sell spoon on ebay.

"it is impossible to make someone understand something when their livelihood depends on them not understanding it."

I dont think they will change their opinion and I am not changing mine, so there is no real point in continuing the conversation. I just think they are wrong. And I do believe I have the support of the silent majority of people who dont post here and have been sold spoon by an unscrupulous dealer.

I could be wrong, but it's quite possible that some folks here might not be so interested in helping based on this other thread of yours.

The seller posted a picture of the old label, that had 'slightly brittle' in that microscopic writing on the old label. I feel the guy was intending to hide this defect but disclose it just enough in the fine print so that he could win an ebay case later. Basically he was out to take advantage of buyers on ebay which is pretty shady.

And then obviously the people on this board are a lot of dealers who sell on ebay who do not like the power of ebay to make them give fair deals to people. Especially if their business model is to sell spoon on ebay.

"it is impossible to make someone understand something when their livelihood depends on them not understanding it."

I dont think they will change their opinion and I am not changing mine, so there is no real point in continuing the conversation. I just think they are wrong. And I do believe I have the support of the silent majority of people who dont post here and have been sold spoon by an unscrupulous dealer.

I'm not a dealer, and have sold maybe 3 books on ebay in 2 years.. and I think you came off as a complete Jack-Wagon in that thread... sorry, just my 2c

(and I did just read every single post)

Again, the "slightly brittle" notation is easily readable.

v454cw.jpg

Op you are a jack . Without looking at that eBay auction I knew the book had brittle pages because you told us all. You had buyers remorse an won't admit it. At this point you might as well create a different user name because you are damaged goods. That or start a thread stating how wrong you were and that you are finally manning up to admit it.

Again, the "slightly brittle" notation is easily readable.

v454cw.jpg

Dude's got some heavy hitters in the Board Line-Up battin' against him :applause:

Pontoon, Comicdonna and Blowupthemoon are guys you can trust (thumbs u

just so everyone knows, I'm not even reading any responses to my argument. Everything has been stated that there is to state and Ebay found in my favor. Again, I'm not convincing you and you are not convincing me, so its over. Please get a life and move on to enjoying comics. Peace

You must not have been paying much attention in your 2+ years you've been here.

I can most definitely assure you that it's SOOOOO not over (thumbs u

lol

Asking for upgrade potential of ASM1 then complaining about the book when you can clearly see the pictures on ebay

Now asking for inputs on Xmen1 why not just submit the book & find out the grade yourself you gotta learn from experience at some point

Wow, you actually paid $10k for this book? doh!

In all honesty, before dropping money like that on eBay, please educate yourself about books, defects, and what pictures or scans can hide. I feel like I'm speaking for the vocal majority (as opposed to your "silent majority") when I say that going forward, people are not going to be willing to help you.