• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harrison Ford presale at CA starting friday.

184 posts in this topic

For a True Collector, this opportunity is epic.

What page in the psychiatrist's handbook do I find the other symptoms? lol

I'm a collector who can't afford a $650 signature.

(worship):cloud9: Common sense, priorities and a strong grip on reality. :cloud9:(worship)

Nothing about a signature on a book is worth eating Ramen because of it.

If it's a sig you have to have and the money won't hurt you or your family then there's no problem jumping in. If i didn't already have a Ford signature on a star wars item I might be more desperate for one now, but I'd hate to go through with getting one of these and regret the decision because of the extreme cost.

You can get his sig on a PSA verified photo on ebay for as low as $350 :screwy:

I have had a hard time believing this is real. I know it is so do not get me wrong. But it just seems like such a huge cost. Who sets the cost for these things? Is this cause there are so many people involved that need to get paid? Or would you say the majority of the money goes to Mr. Ford?

I tend to think ahead, and I know from a bit of experience about actors and comedians and such. In general they don't even care whats on their schedule, the agent just sets up events.

Getting to the point, I can say Mr. Ford is the man but, I would imagine you could have afforded to book him for an hour, and have like 100 things signed if just the boardies who participated pooled their money. Maybe 3 sigs per minute x 60 maybe 180 sigs? 1,000-10,000$ per hour. 100 x 600 = 60,000$ + 80 sigs for free.

This is 100% real. It's through Celebrity Authentics, and CGC is aware.

I'm sure Mr. Ford is getting paid generously through the signing fees. Whatever the cost, the 250 items are TOTAL items, NOT just Signature Series. You have to account posters, photos, hats, whips, whatever trickets people want signed...and maybe 20-30 books at best.

This is 100% real. It's through Celebrity Authentics, and CGC is aware.

I'm sure Mr. Ford is getting paid generously through the signing fees. Whatever the cost, the 250 items are TOTAL items, NOT just Signature Series. You have to account posters, photos, hats, whips, whatever trickets people want signed...and maybe 20-30 books at best.

Nono not believing its 'real' but that people would really pay so much for it. (shrug)

Well look at it this way as it was explained to me by a friend. Ford hasn't done a public/private signing since the early 90s. Everything else has been by special appearance.

CGC will probable grade 20-30 book, which will probably be the total amount of submissions. That is it! And there are NO OTHER Signature Series books signed by Ford. So those will be the only ones WORLD WIDE.

Like I said, if you had the $$ and got a spot, congrats to you. But $650 for me is a little too high at the moment.

I think the solace I take in not buying into this opportunity is that even if I stretched my finances to get in on this I GUARANTEE something else would come along that would once again pushed me into something I realistically can't afford. This has been an unprecedented year in SS. The "White Whales" have basically been done, (I'm guessing unless someone pulls an inception on Ditko, it's not gonna happen) I actually am glad I didn't do the Harrison because it's helped keep me true to what I got into this in the first place, my love of COMICS. If we start chasing down celebrities as the "next big signing" I fear SS could become the Wizard World of collecting, more about celebrities than comics. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful the opp sold out because I was still trying to justify the cost as early as this morning, and would have loved to have a Harrison Ford SS, who wouldn't? But having kids and priorities, not to mention forgetting about just how amazing my collection has already grown this year. Groening, Moore, Vallejo, and countless others at CGC, I'm glad this Ford signing made me realize just how great my collection is without him!

What scares me is that Celebrity Authentics sold this out, and a huge price, where does it stop?

E-bay will probably have a few that will sell for $1,500. And Die-Hard Star Wars Fans will pay this.

Those die hard Star Wars fans have had access to Ford's signature for over 30 years.

If they are CGC SS fans AND Star Wars Die Hards they may pay it.

If they are just Die Hards they may like something like this for about the same price....and they'd have Lucas, John Williams, Alec Guinness, Frank Oz and James Earl Jones to go along with Ford, Fisher and Hamill et al.

SmallSWAutos.jpg