• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase your Harvey comics here!
2 2

288 posts in this topic

I was going to post some of my Harvey D. Tracy comics, but the idiotic filter on the boards spoons the word d ick even in a URL or IMG code line.

That's a pity. Di ck Tracy is an excellent title.

That's just goofy.

Those I've posted over here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4712043&fpart=21

;)

Edited by Hepcat

I was going to post some of my Harvey D. Tracy comics, but the idiotic filter on the boards spoons the word d ick even in a URL or IMG code line.

That's a pity. Di ck Tracy is an excellent title.

That's just goofy.

Those I've posted over here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4712043&fpart=21

;)

I found the same problem. :frustrated: I guess we will have to rescan and name the books in a less threatening manner.

I did find my copy of Little Dot though. It's a stretch to call it S.A. though.

LITD_126.jpg

I've always been interested in some of the obscure Harvey titles. One of my favorites is Little Sad Sack, Harvey's attempt to replicate their Richie Rich success with a child version of an existing character. The title failed after about 18 issues.

Here are some of my issues:

LittleSadSack18.jpg

LittleSadSack15.jpg

LittleSadSack7.jpg

LittleSadSack5.jpg

LittleSadSack10.jpg

I've always been interested in some of the obscure Harvey titles.

Me too!

One of my favorites is Little Sad Sack, Harvey's attempt to replicate their Richie Rich success with a child version of an existing character. The title failed after about 18 issues.

Here are some of my issues:

LittleSadSack18.jpg

LittleSadSack15.jpg

LittleSadSack7.jpg

LittleSadSack5.jpg

LittleSadSack10.jpg

Wow! Those are in great condition.

:applause:

And I like those better than Sad Sack! Pity the title failed so quickly.

:(

Edited by Hepcat

Cool thread. Here are some Harvey #1's from my collection. Enjoy.

harveygroupshot2.jpg

harveygroupshot.jpg

That's absolutely awesome! I see a whopping fifteen issues that came out no later than 1963!

Little Dot

Little Dot - Dotland

Little Lotta

Stumbo Tinytown

Tuff Ghosts

Baby Huey

Baby Huey and Papa

Casper's Ghostland

Felix the Cat

Inky and Dinky

Paramount Comics

Casper the Friendly Ghost

Humphrey

Jiggs and Maggie

Little Audrey

Those issues are tough!

:o

How long have you been collecting these? Where have you been finding them? Do you just collect the #1 issues?

???

Edited by Hepcat

I have seen this issue lurking in the box with Harvey, Gold Key, an and other assorted comics since this summer at the LCS. Curiosity finally got the better of me. I wasn't even sure if the title was Thrill-o-Rama or Pirhana until I got home.

Thrill-O-Rama # 3 Dec 1966

TOR_3.jpg

Aarghh :pullhair:

The last one I need for this incredible (and I mean that literally) 3-issue run.

What I like about Pirana is that there are so many absurdities, starting with the name. "Pirana" on the cover is an accepted variant of the spelling, though most times I've seen it in print it's Piranha .

Leave that aside it's a freshwater fish. Rivers and lakes. This guy spends all his time in the ocean. :screwy:

His sidekicks are two barracuda, imaginatively named "Barra" and "Cuda". Barracuda are known for fearsome sets of dentures, so these guys spend their time "bumping" the bad guys. (shrug) Pirana would be better off with a couple of electric eels. (thumbs u

This cover.I like the way the "bubble trail" from the sinking or sunk boat breaks up the CCA stamp. Cute.

What I have difficulty working out is the perspective in this drawing. The "Human Anchor" (I'll get to him in minute) is standing on the sea floor, attached via a chain to a boat. Is this on the surface? Can't be, bubbles present. Underwater some distance away? Umm yes, but seems to be below the anchor. How can that be if he's on the sea floor? Undersea mountain range? hm

I haven't read this book, but I need to know, frozentundraguy, what is the Human Anchor's story? Just grabs random ship anchors and drags the boats to Davy Jones' Locker?

I have seen this issue lurking in the box with Harvey, Gold Key, an and other assorted comics since this summer at the LCS. Curiosity finally got the better of me. I wasn't even sure if the title was Thrill-o-Rama or Pirhana until I got home.

Thrill-O-Rama # 3 Dec 1966

TOR_3.jpg

Hey! That's a nice copy!

(thumbs u

Edited by Hepcat