• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soooo, no "what'd you get in the Clink auction" thread?

95 posts in this topic

Spent WAY more than I intended this month. But I was having fun, what can I say. Won the three pedigree books I was aiming for... :whee:

SpectacularSpider-Man64.jpg

I really wanted this one, I think I was right there at the end with you. I didn't think anyone would go that high for this book. If I hadn't already been robbed and left for dead on one of my other auctions I would have gone higher. Congratulations on the great purchase. (thumbs u

I really wanted this one, I think I was right there at the end with you. I didn't think anyone would go that high for this book. If I hadn't already been robbed and left for dead on one of my other auctions I would have gone higher. Congratulations on the great purchase. (thumbs u

Thanks! I couldn't resist this one in pedigree. I'd been wanting a 9.8 copy forever, but have never been real happy with either the price or wrap on it. Saw this beauty, and even though it was a 9.6, the fact that it was Rocky Mtn pedigree bumped it up to a "9.8"-ish price range for me regardless. :headbang:

think i got good deal on few i won. 4.5 went for $5 less than the 4.0. both had some chipping, 4.5 had the OW pages though, but looked like slightly better colors and much smaller writing on the cover

RAD75CB72011927_144728.jpg

also feel got nice deals on

RAD4ED7C2011913_113014.jpg

RAD5EF6E2011930_16381.jpg

Spent WAY more than I intended this month. But I was having fun, what can I say. Won the three pedigree books I was aiming for... :whee:

Godzilla23.jpg

Nova12.jpg

SpectacularSpider-Man64.jpg

I was looking at that Nova and all of the Godzilla's (thought I was alone - apparently thought wrong) - after I won a couple of books that I was not intending, I laid low...

Never bid on any books from CLink before...

Accidentally picked up these (need to figure how to watch books!):

got all three for what it would have costed me to sub them (these were my "watch" bids never intended on buying any of them)!

BP7CGC96.jpg

BP8CGC96.jpg

JA5CGC85.jpg

[liked the J.Action better than the 9.2 as the 9.2 had a crazy wrap to it]

accidentally bought this one doh! (but it remains one of my favorite DC books!)

TEC363CGC85.jpg

so then, committed and all - i called my dad (i know, grown man calling is father for an early x-mas present!) and picked up these two (went to bed early and put in 2 bids that were for sure outbids - a couple $$ north of Overstreet NM- and somehow managed to win both - even though I was only supposed to win one...):

X-Men59CGC92.jpg

X-Men61CGC94OW-W.jpg

Never bid on any books from CLink before...

so then, committed and all - i called my dad (i know, grown man calling is father for an early x-mas present!) and picked up these two (went to bed early and put in 2 bids that were for sure outbids - a couple $$ north of Overstreet NM- and somehow managed to win both - even though I was only supposed to win one...):

X-Men59CGC92.jpg

X-Men61CGC94OW-W.jpg

:frustrated:

Argh, would love to have these two, especially that 59! So many books, not enough money.....

The #59 has to be my favorite Cyc cover (possibly my favorite X-cover)! and I have #60 @ 9.4 that I paid nearly double what I paid for the #61 (love Sauron!). Although I was not expecting to win (nor did I necessarily want or could afford to win both), I am not angry at having done so...

Godzilla23.jpg

Nova12.jpg

I was looking at that Nova and all of the Godzilla's (thought I was alone - apparently thought wrong) - after I won a couple of books that I was not intending, I laid low...

All from the infamous cheetah pedigree. I hope you enjoy them.

My one big win from this auction..the White pages didn't hurt.

RAD5AC0420111010_154158.jpg

Okay, you're having the best comic book collecting hiatus ever.

No kidding. George has been scooping up gorgeous books lately. One of my first SA Marvel's I owned when I was a kid. :cloud9:

What's sad is that I rarely show but a handful of my acquisitions. Been on a Silver Age bender for a while now, as long as the price is right. TOS and Strange Tales seem to be the flavors du jour.