• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

Hey there gang,

IDW publishing's Ninja Turtles TMNT #1 VARIANT 1:50 KEVIN EASTMAN hand drawn SKETCH Cvr RI D are the hottest modern's in a decade.

Do a completed search of eBay listings, it's astounding.

For ALL the boar-dies keeping score, I believe this puts me WAY ahead.

Of the 24 copies I received, $450 was my highest sale. ( That pays for a lot of Ratchet & clanks)

I expect the J Scott Campbell sketches to do great too.

( my Danger Girl variant ships this week & it "IS" breathtaking AND setting shop sales records)

dangergirl1.jpg

Luther Strode

Sacrifice

Web Of Spider-Man #129

Knightfall

All hot. ( but you guys KNEW that)

Sorry to hear about the rash of suspensions on this system recently.

Kinda.

Your pal, good ole-

You mean the ones going consistently in the $150-$175 range? yea you called it, hottest modern in a decade right under Walking Dead 1, chew 1, DC 52 1:200 covers, Next Men byrne sketch covers, etc etc etc etc

Thanks for your concern chump.

My logo will be spot varnished on the cover, A lovely effect to go with the hot foil stamping on the logo.

It will be listed under the #comicmarket segment of Larry's Comics, Inc.

( I also own the NECRA logo )

dangergirl1.jpg

Edited by LarrysComics

I can't believe Kevin was able to take the time to do this... Pretty much expected the prices to be $200+... can't WAIT to get mine from DCBS!! ($50 pre-order, but definitely won't be selling)

There are some really sweet covers on display over in the TMNT thread in Copper... Archon has 4 interlocking covers; 1 with each turtle and all SS'd...

What's the deal with the ASM (vol 2) #19? Is it another of those little know low print runs? Or are they just never in NM condition? I've tried to snag one or two just out of curiosity, but they've always went for more than I was willing to pay for something I knew so little about...

I'm lumping it in with ASM 430-431 as being viewed as a relevant book in the "dead era".

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDERMAN-430-431-Silver-Surfer-Possessed-Carnage-NM-9-4-SET-/350509752605?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item519c02611d

There's a few more Amazing Spiderman issues that always pull 2X to 3X Cover Price or More that are from the "Dead Era".

Here's a list of them.

Amazing Spiderman Vol.1

#403, 408(Variant), 410, 416(With Cards), 430-431, 432 (Wanted Poster Variant), 434, 435, and 438-439.

and

Amazing Spiderman Vol.2

#1(Sun Burst Variant), 1(Dynamic Forces Variant), 19, 21-29, and 36.

Quite an old topic but can someone tell me what the 'dead era' is?

What's the deal with the ASM (vol 2) #19? Is it another of those little know low print runs? Or are they just never in NM condition? I've tried to snag one or two just out of curiosity, but they've always went for more than I was willing to pay for something I knew so little about...

I'm lumping it in with ASM 430-431 as being viewed as a relevant book in the "dead era".

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDERMAN-430-431-Silver-Surfer-Possessed-Carnage-NM-9-4-SET-/350509752605?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item519c02611d

There's a few more Amazing Spiderman issues that always pull 2X to 3X Cover Price or More that are from the "Dead Era".

Here's a list of them.

Amazing Spiderman Vol.1

#403, 408(Variant), 410, 416(With Cards), 430-431, 432 (Wanted Poster Variant), 434, 435, and 438-439.

and

Amazing Spiderman Vol.2

#1(Sun Burst Variant), 1(Dynamic Forces Variant), 19, 21-29, and 36.

Quite an old topic but can someone tell me what the 'dead era' is?

I think of it as 1997 to about 2001 or 2002. Print runs shrank by huge percentages of prior orders.

I can't believe Kevin was able to take the time to do this... Pretty much expected the prices to be $200+... can't WAIT to get mine from DCBS!! ($50 pre-order, but definitely won't be selling)

There are some really sweet covers on display over in the TMNT thread in Copper... Archon has 4 interlocking covers; 1 with each turtle and all SS'd...

i wish i knew DCBS had these for preorder!

Another New Mutants #98 went sold for $300+ today. 42 bids. Definitely not rigged.

Could it be because of the Arizona Comic Con discussion with Liefeld?

From Collider

Liefeld and Scott Lobdell participated in a panel at the Amazing Arizona Comic Con last weekend, and Liefeld had the following to say about Deadpool:

“They’ve got a great director on the movie, they’ve got a great -script. I may or may have not seen some sort of test of footage that would blow your mind if you saw it and go holy and that’s Deadpool in costume. Katana swords, guns, shooting people’s faces off and making me laugh. And I may or may not have seen something that looks just like that. And you’ve got what would amount to the first R-rated X-Men movie. Because that -script is R-rated.

They may or may not have wanted to shoot eight minutes to see how it would play. And all I can tell you, it’s close. It’s closer that it’s even been to going, or going Naaah, that’s too scary a proposition to make an R-rated Deadpool movie.”

:facepalm:

You mean the exact same comic sold by the same user who appears to shill every auction in hopes that some sucker will come along and outbid his 2 shills? You do realize your examples are the same book relisted right?

How was it 'definitely not rigged'?

Actually the three sellers are different and the three auctions feature copies with different CGC #s (1052693010, 1058885004, 1012219007). Two of the three users have 100% eBay ratings. Again, maybe I'm naive and missing something.But why would someone want to scam New Mutants #98? The book typically goes for $200. Why scam for like an extra $100?