• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

As an update, I basically told the buyer he is a shill obviously, but prove me wrong and pay for the item today. We all know how it is going to work out in the end.

Jeff, if you need any more information on jaredskeys and buyers who have been screwed over, PM me. I know of a couple that you might not that are board members.

In regards to the NM 98, sellers beware. I've had to relist my NM 98 CGC 9.8 SS twice now because of clowns with 0-1 feedback scores trying to buy this book with no funds available Furthermore, they all seem to be located in PA. Is this a coincidence to jared...?

Will

In regards to the NM 98, sellers beware. I've had to relist my NM 98 CGC 9.8 SS twice now because of clowns with 0-1 feedback scores trying to buy this book with no funds available Furthermore, they all seem to be located in PA. Is this a coincidence to jared...?

Will

Why don't you just put it on BUY IT NOW and require immediate payment?

wish on ebay you could put a restriction on buyers, say they had under 10 they have to get permission from you to confirm the bid

I miss that restriction. You use to have a few options, when listing, that would block bidders with zero or negative feedback. eBay really knows how to pizz off sellers, higher final value fees, fees on shipping, then another fee assessed by paypal. It's time for someone to copy ebay's model minus the greed 2c

wish on ebay you could put a restriction on buyers, say they had under 10 they have to get permission from you to confirm the bid

I miss that restriction. You use to have a few options, when listing, that would block bidders with zero or negative feedback. eBay really knows how to pizz off sellers, higher final value fees, fees on shipping, then another fee assessed by paypal. It's time for someone to copy ebay's model minus the greed 2c

Yes there are a series of check marks thought that will thin them out some, but I can remember I think one of them was for strikes.. Can you not anymore say that in the auction? I cant remember there are a couple more that I didnt list here.

Block Buyers who

Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 1 Month(s)

Have a primary shipping address in a location I don't ship to

Have 4 Policy Violation report(s) within 1 Month(s)

Have a feedback score of -1 or lower

That would have to be a pretty old account, since sellers can't leave negative feedback anymore. For some odd reason, I couldn't access the restrictions list, when I recently posted items for sale. Must have been my browser acting up (shrug)

Not that the Ultimate Spider-Man #1 Target Edition is one fire or anything but I was looking at The Market for Modern Age books and found that it has 30 watchers and 7 bids. What am I missing here? The book came out in 2002, a very late reprint. I would rate it up there with the Kay Bee reprint. Why the attention? hm(shrug)

I think it is in the overstreet price guide with the Df one and the direct one. I think it because people think it is has more value than it does or at least according to overstreet. The DF one usually get a lot of attention too. It seems that the direct one you can does not command as much as a premium than the other two. At least in term of bids and people wanting one.

Edited by mikeggg

here are some ebay userids to watch out for: nicksmith042004, burban19792012

I guess sellers could place an immediate payment req'd when hitting Buy It Now but it would still leave you open to credit card chargebacks. For my NM 98 I'm just placing a higher Buy It Now with a Best Offer to hopefull disuade these losers from bothering me.

Will

Apparently the Hulk#15 1:200 Deadpool variant is doing very well on eBay. There are 36 bids and 23 watchers according to The Market. Past eBay sales shows that the book ranges from the $50 - $70 range. I'm starting to sense a pattern with Deadpool and rare variants. hm

eBay sales for Hulk 16 variant

I guess sellers could place an immediate payment req'd when hitting Buy It Now but it would still leave you open to credit card chargebacks. For my NM 98 I'm just placing a higher Buy It Now with a Best Offer to hopefull disuade these losers from bothering me.

Will

I was looking at your listings last night and was planning to ask. Hopefully this guy goes away. He does tend to target a small group off books and primarily Chew #1 and NM 98.

Will

I was looking at your listings last night and was planning to ask. Hopefully this guy goes away. He does tend to target a small group off books and primarily Chew #1 and NM 98.

I wonder why he is targeting those two books?

hm

Edited by ComicConnoisseur